CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=110548)

hippy October 4th 04 11:29 PM

Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

I am in need of a ****ter, pure and simple.
I don't really want to pay for it but depending
on condition I will hand over some cash. :-)
Prefer an any old mtb, but it'd have to be
suitable for a 180cm tall, 56cm road bike
riding dude. Smaller bikes are fine, but not
bigger bikes.. no road bikes either.

I don't really have time to travel to Melbourne
shops during the day to get something - I think
Cash Converters would have what I want but
there's none in Hawthorn.

Does that CERES/Brunswick bike shed sell
"restored" bikes?

ta
hippy

flyingdutch October 4th 04 11:57 PM

hippy Wrote:
I am in need of a ****ter, pure and simple
I don't really want to pay for it but dependin
on condition I will hand over some cash. :-
Prefer an any old mtb, but it'd have to b
suitable for a 180cm tall, 56cm road bik
riding dude. Smaller bikes are fine, but no
bigger bikes.. no road bikes either

I don't really have time to travel to Melbourn
shops during the day to get something - I thin
Cash Converters would have what I want bu
there's none in Hawthorn

Does that CERES/Brunswick bike shed sel
"restored" bikes

hippy

i got a frame/BB/headset that might interest you

was a little long for me but i ride 54/5ish roadbike
Its an old (and i mean old) steel Hillman frame. was called a 'sherpa
apparently.
lemme kno and maybe you can swing by on your way home one day
cheers

flyingdutc

hippy October 5th 04 12:35 AM

Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

"flyingdutch"
i got a frame/BB/headset that might interest you

was a little long for me but i ride 54/5ish roadbike
Its an old (and i mean old) steel Hillman frame. was called
a 'sherpa' apparently.
lemme kno and maybe you can swing by on your way home
one day cheers

Slight issue is that I want a complete bike by tonight! :-)
That's why I'm thinking Cash Converters or the Bike
Shed are my only hope unless someone has one in their
shed they want removed..

hippy

PiledHigher October 5th 04 02:34 AM

Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

Slight issue is that I want a complete bike by tonight! :-)
That's why I'm thinking Cash Converters or the Bike
Shed are my only hope unless someone has one in their
shed they want removed..

hippy

I have one I want removed, it goes, it is heavy and has 15 gears (i
blackburn

--
PiledHigher

hippy October 5th 04 02:57 AM

Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

"PiledHigher"

I have one I want removed, it goes, it is heavy and has 15 gears (in
blackburn)

That'd be cool! What do you want for it?
What are the chances of me picking it up tonight?
I'm not sure if you can see my email address in
cyclingforums, so email me sbirnie at bigpond.com
so we can sort it out..

hippy

flyingdutch October 5th 04 03:29 AM

hippy Wrote:

Slight issue is that I want a complete bike by tonight! :-)
hippy

you got the bike 'loan sharks' after you???

Entering a bike-dodgem-derby???

Do tell..

--
flyingdutch

hippy October 5th 04 04:24 AM

Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

"flyingdutch"
you got the bike 'loan sharks' after you???

Entering a bike-dodgem-derby???

Do tell...

Bike Polo tryouts :-)

hippy

dave October 5th 04 03:42 PM

PiledHigher wrote:
Slight issue is that I want a complete bike by tonight! :-)
That's why I'm thinking Cash Converters or the Bike
Shed are my only hope unless someone has one in their
shed they want removed..

hippy

I have one I want removed, it goes, it is heavy and has 15 gears (in
blackburn)

WOt has the one in hawthorn moved?
Geez its almost outside work... you would think I would have noticed

Dave

hippy October 6th 04 12:59 AM

"dave" wrote in message
PiledHigher wrote:
Slight issue is that I want a complete bike by tonight! :-)
That's why I'm thinking Cash Converters or the Bike
Shed are my only hope unless someone has one in their
shed they want removed..

hippy

I have one I want removed, it goes, it is heavy and has 15 gears (in
blackburn)

WOt has the one in hawthorn moved?
Geez its almost outside work... you would think I would have noticed

Um.. what? Was there a Cashies in Hawthorn?

Anyway, thanks for the new mean machine
PiledHigher. This new bike adds to my:
track, bmx, old road, current road, new road
(deposit paid), ss, ht, vegemite, tank, trials.

I think I will give it an aerosol paint job and
call it "Tank". Photos will surely follow :-)

hippy
- sort of in double figures

Etxy October 6th 04 03:03 AM

hippy Wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the new mean machine
PiledHigher. This new bike adds to my:
track, bmx, old road, current road, new road
(deposit paid), ss, ht, vegemite, tank, trials.

You're getting a new roady?! :D What kind

--
Etxy