CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   OFF TOPIC FUN - The TROLL, Rear-ended (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=181304)

32GO March 23rd 08 06:52 AM

OFF TOPIC FUN - The TROLL, Rear-ended

Hey guys -

The recent 'Oh Well...' thread was begun by a poster
[purportedly named Harry Brogan] who stated:

I will not tolerate the constant trashing by [the TROLL's
most common signature] if that IS his real name... I have
tired of this and will find my information on other areas
of the web...

Of course many of us, from time to time, review our options
for dealing with the rancorously ranting, repetitiously
raving, rarely rational rodent I rudely refer to as
ARBR's TROLL. Ignore it? Snipe at it? Or - like Harry -
just leave the group altogether?

I find it a little ironic that, most likely, the real
primary beneficiary of the TROLL driving away user after
user from this recumbent newsgroup is the net's dominant
moderated forum. It's easy for believe that the TROLL is
stupid enough not to figure that out, but not quite so easy
to think that's its true intent.

I've pretty much ignored the nattering nuisance for a few
months now, and I guess it's time for me to take another
swipe at it, in the form of a new poem in the 'Here There
Be Trolls' section of our shop website:

http://www.32go.us/pow/htbt/rearend.htm

Again, I apologize in advance for the TROLL's unimaginative
barrage of regurgitated misstatements long since disproven
and refuted: fit, pass, is and shuck; blah, blah, blah...
For the most part, I and hopefully you, will just continue
to ignore it.

Regards,
Wayne

CowPunk March 23rd 08 04:53 PM

OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

A more suitable title would be:
St. Ed the Greasy, Order of Perpetual Spammers - Messysota

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk

Just A User March 23rd 08 05:24 PM

CowPunk wrote:
On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

A more suitable title would be:
St. Ed the Greasy, Order of Perpetual Spammers - Messysota

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk

I personally think even spammers are a higher life form.

CowPunk March 23rd 08 05:52 PM

On Mar 23, 12:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

Just because others call me a troll doesn't mean I am one. And a spammer?
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

However, your envy of Ed Dolan the Great is understandable, even if
lamentable. The fact is that you would have to grow another brain to even
approach His Greatness.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?

Pulling your strings,
CowPunk

Edward Dolan March 23rd 08 09:21 PM

"CowPunk" wrote in message

[...]

Your admiration for Ed Dolan the Great is embarrassing Him. I beg of you to
moderate your devotion to Him. Ed Dolan the Great is actually a very
sensitive and retiring person and He cannot take much adoration. But I am
advised that Ed Dolan the Great excuses your enthusiasm and attributes it
to your youth and inexperience. He says you need to control your emotions
lest they lead you down false paths.

For your penance, say 10 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Marys. Go my son and sin no
more.

Regards,

CowPunk March 24th 08 02:40 AM

OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Mar 23, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, thank you for proving once again who is in charge by replying to
my post. You are entitled to disagree with me about being a SPAMMER,
but the facts, and your many OT post speak for themselves. I can only
attribute this to your complete lack of cycling knowledge. Why else
would you only talk about yourself in a cycling NG?

I never talk about myself except in relationship to others. Surely that is
fair. Read any of my posts and you will see there is loads of content that
can be responded to. Instead all I get is a lot of name calling.

Speaking of name calling, have you read my original post of recent date
entitled "Jym Dyer - Asshole Supreme"? There you will not see a word about
me. It is all about him.

I have been cycling probably from before you were born, unless you are at
least 30 years old. The fact is that there is only so much that can be said
about bicycles, which is why I prefer to be off-topic when the opportunity
presents itself. Instead of complaining about me, you should be grateful
that I am here to give the group some zest.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Ahahaha, is that all you got little eddie? Never talk about
yourself. Why you just did. All at the hands of ME, your puppeteer.
You can't resist can you? It's like taking candy from a baby troll.

At least 30 years old? hahaha.... too funny.... for someone who
professes to know so much, you know so little.

And what a lame excuse to try and justify your SPAM....

please, excuse yourself now and leave the cycling NG's while you still
have some shred of dignity left.

Bye bye SPAM BOY!

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk

Mike Vandeman March 24th 08 05:23 AM

OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:53:35 -0700 (PDT), CowPunk
wrote:

On Mar 23, 7:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Dear Ed,

The problem with your postings is that they are not the least bit
entertaining. They are long, boring diatribes that no one is
interested in or even cares to read. You haven't even achieved the
level of Troll. You are at the bottom of the newsgroup hierarchy. You
are a Spammer.

A more suitable title would be:
St. Ed the Greasy, Order of Perpetual Spammers - Messysota

Your puppeteer,
CowPunk

Your jealousy is understandable. Ed can write circles around a zero
like you. Heck, ANYONE can. Ed is a million times as entertaining as
you. No, actually, there is NO multiple of ZERO that will amount to
anything....

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman March 24th 08 05:31 AM

OFF TOPIC FUN - The SPAMMER, Rear-ended

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:40:40 -0700 (PDT), CowPunk
wrote:

On Mar 23, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

[...]

[...]

Yawn. Come back when you have something worth saying.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Edward Dolan March 24th 08 12:32 PM

"CowPunk" wrote in message
On Mar 23, 5:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"CowPunk" wrote in message

[...]

[...]

I have better things to do with what remains of my life than to waste time
and energy responding to nincompoops. Ed Dolan the Great will only deign to
notice your miserable existence provided you post content that interests
him. If all you want to do is post the same old **** over and over, Ed Dolan
the Great will no longer be available to you. Assholes should only talk to
other assholes. My Greatness is not for the likes of you!

Regards,

di March 24th 08 01:02 PM

wrote:

Ed is a million times as entertaining as
you. No, actually, there is NO multiple of ZERO that will amount to
anything....

Most clowns are entertaining

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande