CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=228257)

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] June 2nd 11 03:36 AM

You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On 5/31/2011 9:26 PM,Tºm Shermªn wrote:
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwn_davpik8&feature=player_embedded.

Cross-posted for the enjoyment of the RBR, RBM and RBS folks!

--
Tºm Shermªn - Trollville
That is "Mr. Dumbass" to you.

Fredmaster of Brainerd June 2nd 11 04:53 AM

You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On Jun 1, 7:36*pm, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 5/31/2011 9:26 PM,Tºm Shermªn wrote:

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwn_davpik8&feature=player_embedded.

Cross-posted for the enjoyment of the RBR, RBM and RBS folks!

--
Tºm Shermªn - Trollville
That is "Mr. Dumbass" to you.

Dumbass,

I retract all of my previous support of the UCI stick-in-the-mud
mandatory diamond frame rules. Clearly, the Tour de France,
and even more so, the Ronde van Vlaanderen, would be greatly
improved when contested by unstable speeding pillboxes.
Cycling has only begun to scratch the surface of its
spectator appeal - NASCAR has nothing on this for
wreckage potential.

Fredmaster Ben
I can hardly wait for the cyclocross version!

Anton Berlin June 2nd 11 01:44 PM

You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

I kept hoping Godzilla would come to crush and destroy all that
moves.

Brad Anders June 2nd 11 03:19 PM

You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Cam June 2nd 11 03:38 PM

On Jun 1, 11:53*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

I retract all of my previous support of the UCI stick-in-the-mud
mandatory diamond frame rules. *Clearly, the Tour de France,
and even more so, the Ronde van Vlaanderen, would be greatly
improved when contested by unstable speeding pillboxes.
Cycling has only begun to scratch the surface of its
spectator appeal - NASCAR has nothing on this for
wreckage potential.

Fredmaster Ben
I can hardly wait for the cyclocross version!

Perhaps the UCI could run an event/fundraiser right after the TDF for
these special athletes.

Cam

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] June 2nd 11 07:42 PM

On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second place
doing 217 laps).

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

James[_8_] June 3rd 11 12:52 AM

Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second place
doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

--
JS.

James[_8_] June 3rd 11 12:53 AM

Like this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

--
JS.

Dan O June 3rd 11 01:03 AM

On Jun 2, 4:53 pm, James wrote:
James wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Dang! (download the plugin)

On another computer I saw the first one, though:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...yer_embedde d

.... whjeee! 8-)

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] June 3rd 11 01:06 AM

On 6/2/2011 6:53 PM, James wrote:
James wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 6/2/2011 9:19 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

The military green torpedo is my fave.

Green #2 lapped the field 8 times (225 laps completed, with second
place doing 217 laps).

If only they learned to lean in to the corners.

Like this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hOA2C_XMA

Has been done, but not found to be worth the added weight and complexity.