CycleBanter.com

-   -   A new variety of a**holeship (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256609)

Frank Krygowski[_4_] October 9th 18 03:13 AM

A new variety of a**holeship

Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane country road, we
passed a bicyclist riding in the same direction. He had no taillight and
no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright headlight -
bright enough and with optics bad enough that it would be really
annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

--
- Frank Krygowski

James[_8_] October 9th 18 05:26 AM

A new variety of a**holeship

On 09/10/18 13:13, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane country road, we
passed a bicyclist riding in the same direction. He had no taillight and
no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright headlight -
bright enough and with optics bad enough that it would be really
annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

Well, you probably wouldn't see him if you looked back to, considering
all his lighting was pointing in the opposite direction.

--
JS

AMuzi October 9th 18 01:38 PM

A new variety of a**holeship

On 10/8/2018 9:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane
country road, we passed a bicyclist riding in the same
direction. He had no taillight and no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright
headlight - bright enough and with optics bad enough that it
would be really annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

Scary. What if that guy votes in November?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

[email protected] October 10th 18 03:55 PM

A new variety of a**holeship

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 5:38:17 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/8/2018 9:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane
country road, we passed a bicyclist riding in the same
direction. He had no taillight and no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright
headlight - bright enough and with optics bad enough that it
would be really annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

Scary. What if that guy votes in November?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

What I have noticed is that most riders that ride at night do have rear lights and either forget to turn them on or their batteries are dead because they ride with them in the daytime to "warn" drivers coming from arears. A large percentage of people I ride with are now using GoPro cameras which appear to be taillights. They have a flashing red light around the camera. The battery life is pretty poor because they run them all of the time and sometime forget to recharge them when they aren't riding. Several people in the group have young children that ride and so they have been routinely turning in people who do not give sufficient room. They have also gotten a court ruling that photographic evidence is admissible.

Tim McNamara October 11th 18 04:55 AM

A new variety of a**holeship

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 07:55:28 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

A large percentage of people I ride with are now using GoPro cameras
which appear to be taillights. They have a flashing red light around
the camera. The battery life is pretty poor because they run them all
of the time and sometime forget to recharge them when they aren't
riding.

You might want to find better riding companions.

Several people in the group have young children that ride and so they
have been routinely turning in people who do not give sufficient room.
They have also gotten a court ruling that photographic evidence is
admissible.

Ah, the cult of grievance and righteousness endures! It is the thing
that unites the right and the left, even if they don't know it.

[email protected] October 11th 18 10:16 PM

A new variety of a**holeship

wrote:

A large percentage of people I ride with are now using GoPro cameras
which appear to be taillights. They have a flashing red light around
the camera. The battery life is pretty poor because they run them all
of the time and sometime forget to recharge them when they aren't
riding.

You might want to find better riding companions.

Several people in the group have young children that ride and so they
have been routinely turning in people who do not give sufficient room.
They have also gotten a court ruling that photographic evidence is
admissible.

Ah, the cult of grievance and righteousness endures! It is the thing
that unites the right and the left, even if they don't know it.

If you don't mind being killed by careless drivers that's OK with me. But I would just as soon let parents take actions in their own neighborhoods against dangerous and illegal driving.