CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   We ain't got no ASS. We got NADA. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=178681)

Jym Dyer February 13th 08 04:07 PM

We ain't got no ASS. We got NADA.

=v= In Chicago, the biking/Critical Mass community has made
it an annual tradition to oppose the annual auto show with
something called the Auto Show Shutdown:

http://autoshowshutdown.org/

=v= Meanwhile, in San Francisco, the National Automobile
Dealers Association is featuring Jay Leno because he likes
cars so gol-durned much. Featured topic: how dealers
need to sell lots and lots and lots of cars in preparation
for the mind-bogglingly-high 35MPG fuel economy standard
proposed for the year 2020.
_Jym_

Dan February 13th 08 07:02 PM

We ain't got no ASS. We got NADA.

On Feb 13, 8:07*am, Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= In Chicago, the biking/Critical Mass community has made
it an annual tradition to oppose the annual auto show with
something called the Auto Show Shutdown:

http://autoshowshutdown.org/

=v= Meanwhile, in San Francisco, the National Automobile
Dealers Association is featuring Jay Leno because he likes
cars so gol-durned much. *Featured topic: *how dealers
need to sell lots and lots and lots of cars in preparation
for the mind-bogglingly-high 35MPG fuel economy standard
proposed for the year 2020.
* * _Jym_

I like the cartoons about cars causing road rage and gridlock. It
seems to me that critical mass events are designed to create road rage
and gridlock.

Jym Dyer February 14th 08 08:34 AM

We ain't got no ASS. We got NADA.

It seems to me that critical mass events are designed to
create road rage and gridlock.

=v= Nope, they are not. Nor, according to traffic experts, do
they succeed at doing that. This doesn't stop shortsighted
traffic "reporters" from making such claims, though.
_Jym_