CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Are you with Obama or the Republicans on the Transportation Bill? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=230842)

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher September 3rd 11 06:18 PM

Are you with Obama or the Republicans on the Transportation Bill?

ROUND 2 OF HEAVYWEIGHT REPUBLICANS VS. FEATHERWEIGHT OBAMA

This is my position which I posted as a comment...

Around here they are splurging money left and right on road "improvements," but no place to ride a bicycle. Once in my lifetime I'm with the Republicans, "NO MORE MONEY ON ROADS." Let them fall apart. No need for landscaping roads or bike paths either. Let the grass grow wild.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-pushes-c...114456257.html

***

I propose the COMMUNITY gets together and takes care of the community projects.

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher September 4th 11 03:05 PM

Are you with Obama or the Republicans on the Transportation Bill?

On Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:17:46 PM UTC-4, Larry Hewitt wrote:
On 9/3/2011 1:19 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher wrote:

I propose the COMMUNITY gets together and takes care of the community projects.

Who pays for the interstate all those out of staters use? They sure as
hell don;t stop here? Most of us would be delighted to see it disappear/

I know the hardcore right-wingers are going to love this: THOSE ROADS FALLING OUTSIDE THE COMMUNITY WILL BE PAID WITH TOLLS.

Now it's their opportunity to cut down taxes. Dissolve the DOT.