CycleBanter.com

CycleBanter.com (http://www.cyclebanter.com/index.php)
-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "SES leader dies in mountain bike event" (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=209153)

Mike Vandeman[_4_] September 14th 09 10:12 PM

"SES leader dies in mountain bike event"
 
Beginning to see a pattern here? Mountain bikers say their sport is a
safe, fun, environmentally benign activity for the whole family. If
mountain biking is such a good thing, I wonder why mountain bikers
need to lie about it?

Mike


http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...0914-fnba.html

SES leader dies in mountain bike event

September 14, 2009 - 4:59PM

NSW State Emergency Service (SES) Commissioner Murray Kear says he's
devastated by the sudden death of Deputy Commissioner Greg Slater.

Mr Slater, 46, of Mount Keira, died of an apparent heart attack while
taking part in a mountain biking endurance event with his son in the
Mogo State Forest on the NSW south coast on Sunday.

Mr Kear said Mr Slater was a "much loved" and highly-decorated officer
who had served with the SES for 11 years.

The SES telephones were ringing "hot with condolences" from around the
country and from overseas over the loss of Mr Slater.

"Today we're like a small family, feeling it very hard, all around the
state," he said.

Mr Slater's death had come as a shock because he had been a healthy,
fit man, Mr Kear said.

Endurance sports were his hobby and he had previously competed in the
Australian ironman triathlon championships four times.

"Greg was the epitome of a healthy person ... anything that had
physical exercise attached to it, Greg would be in it, so it's just a
shock," he said.

Mr Kear said Mr Slater's wife Jenny, also a NSW SES employee, his
daughter Madaline and his son Alex, who was cycling in the event with
his father when he died, were devastated.

"(They are) trying to come to terms with the loss of a husband and a
father," he said.

Mr Slater joined the Australian Federal Police (AFP) in 1981 and
served in Cyprus and East Timor, as well as with the Rescue Squad.

NSW Minister for Emergency Services Steve Whan said Mr Slater had been
instrumental in the development of the SES since his appointment as
deputy commissioner in 2004.

He had been recognised for his dedication, commitment and bravery,
having been awarded an AFP Commendation for Brave Conduct and a United
Nations Fire Commander's Commendation for Brave Conduct.

"Mr Slater's leadership and dedication to the community of New South
Wales and to his country will be sorely missed," Mr Whan said in a
statement.

"On behalf of the New South Wales government, I extend my sympathies
to Mr Slater's family and colleagues."

Mr Kear said the NSW SES was discussing memorial arrangements with Mr
Slater's family.

A post-mortem examination is being conducted to determine the cause of
his death and police will prepare a report for the coroner.

Jeff Strickland[_2_] September 14th 09 10:25 PM

"SES leader dies in mountain bike event"
 

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
...
Beginning to see a pattern here? Mountain bikers say their sport is a
safe, fun, environmentally benign activity for the whole family. If
mountain biking is such a good thing, I wonder why mountain bikers
need to lie about it?



Yep, the pattern is starting to develop. You're a complete idiot.












JP September 15th 09 03:35 PM

OMG!!! EVEN MORE VANDECRAP!!!
 
Once again the preeminent Liar of Usenet posts
out-of-context in an attempt to ignite flames.
His posts lack accuracy, logic, and intellectual honesty.

The worst part?
He knows it and revels in the discord he creates.
He reminds me of **** on a shoe,
stinky and hard to get rid of .



Mike Vandeman[_4_] September 15th 09 04:43 PM

OMG!!! EVEN MORE VANDECRAP!!!
 
On Sep 15, 7:35*am, "JP" wrote:
Once again the preeminent Liar of Usenet posts
out-of-context in an attempt to ignite flames.
His posts lack accuracy, logic, and intellectual honesty.

The worst part?
He knows it and revels in the discord he creates.
He reminds me of **** on a shoe,
stinky and hard to get rid of .


Typical mountain biker post: afraid to use his real name, because it
would be obvious that he is lying. The other clue is that he gives no
specifics. If he did, it would be obvious that he is lying.

One wonders, if mountain biking is such a good thing, WHY DO THEY NEED
TO LIE????? Obviously, because it's NOT such a good thing.

Jeff Strickland[_2_] September 15th 09 04:46 PM

OMG!!! EVEN MORE VANDECRAP!!!
 

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
...
On Sep 15, 7:35 am, "JP" wrote:
Once again the preeminent Liar of Usenet posts
out-of-context in an attempt to ignite flames.
His posts lack accuracy, logic, and intellectual honesty.

The worst part?
He knows it and revels in the discord he creates.
He reminds me of **** on a shoe,
stinky and hard to get rid of .


Typical mountain biker post: afraid to use his real name, because it
would be obvious that he is lying. The other clue is that he gives no
specifics. If he did, it would be obvious that he is lying.

One wonders, if mountain biking is such a good thing, WHY DO THEY NEED
TO LIE????? Obviously, because it's NOT such a good thing.



JS
Posting from Google Groups? What a f---ing rookie you are, Mike.

Why do YOU need to lie? Obviously because you have no rational basis of a
real argument to make.

Sheesh!

/JS




Kayak44 September 15th 09 06:29 PM

OMG!!! EVEN MORE VANDECRAP!!!
 
On Sep 15, 11:43*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:35*am, "JP" wrote:

Once again the preeminent Liar of Usenet posts
out-of-context in an attempt to ignite flames.
His posts lack accuracy, logic, and intellectual honesty.


The worst part?
He knows it and revels in the discord he creates.
He reminds me of **** on a shoe,
stinky and hard to get rid of .


Typical mountain biker post: afraid to use his real name, because it
would be obvious that he is lying. The other clue is that he gives no
specifics. If he did, it would be obvious that he is lying.

One wonders, if mountain biking is such a good thing, WHY DO THEY NEED
TO LIE????? Obviously, because it's NOT such a good thing.


Mike, why are you avoiding my question about flying? Because it proves
you are a HYPOCRITE!

JP September 15th 09 09:06 PM

Wrong Again Vandemoron
 


"Kayak44" wrote in message ...
On Sep 15, 11:43 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sep 15, 7:35 am, "JP" wrote:

Once again the preeminent Liar of Usenet posts
out-of-context in an attempt to ignite flames.
His posts lack accuracy, logic, and intellectual honesty.


The worst part?
He knows it and revels in the discord he creates.
He reminds me of **** on a shoe,
stinky and hard to get rid of .


Typical mountain biker post: afraid to use his real name, because it
would be obvious that he is lying. The other clue is that he gives no
specifics. If he did, it would be obvious that he is lying.




Wrong on all counts Vandemoron.

1) Unlike you I have significant assets and I (apparently again unlike you)
know that the internet is mined for data that can be used in identity theft.
So I tend not to reveal personal information.

2) Anyone familiar with your posts knows that you ignore specifics and the
more substantive and thought out replys are dismissed instantly by you.
(Duh) (Did you say something?)
So it's pointless to try and supply any particulars.

3) Your proof that someone is lying (and your thought processes in general)
is right out of the schoolyard, ie childish, selfserving and illogical.

Keep ranting from your little cubicle Vandejerk.
As with the rest of your efforts on behalf of your lame causes
it is an ineffectual waste of your time and ludicrous to everyone else.



Dr. Brian Leverich September 15th 09 09:18 PM

Wrong Again Vandemoron
 
On 2009-09-15, JP wrote:

Wrong on all counts Vandemoron.

1) Unlike you I have significant assets and I (apparently again =
unlike you)
know that the internet is mined for data that can be used in =
identity theft.
So I tend not to reveal personal information.



I'm a mountain biker and don't have a lot of love for
Mikey, but I'm kinda with him on people not just flopping
out their names.

"Identity theft" is largely a crock. Most of what is
called "identity theft" is just relatives using your
credit cards without your permission, and almost all of
the rest is very mundane the-waiter-skimmed-your-card-
before-charging-it-for-the-restaurant stuff.

The reason why people wanna be anonymous on USENET is
because they want to say stuff that they don't want to
own. That may be fun, but it's also kinda cowardly.

Cheers, Wolf.

JP September 15th 09 11:44 PM

Wrong Again Vandemoron
 


"Dr. Brian Leverich" wrote in message ...
On 2009-09-15, JP wrote:

Wrong on all counts Vandemoron.

1) Unlike you I have significant assets and I (apparently again =
unlike you)
know that the internet is mined for data that can be used in =
identity theft.
So I tend not to reveal personal information.



I'm a mountain biker and don't have a lot of love for
Mikey, but I'm kinda with him on people not just flopping
out their names.

"Identity theft" is largely a crock. Most of what is
called "identity theft" is just relatives using your
credit cards without your permission, and almost all of
the rest is very mundane the-waiter-skimmed-your-card-
before-charging-it-for-the-restaurant stuff.

The reason why people wanna be anonymous on USENET is
because they want to say stuff that they don't want to
own. That may be fun, but it's also kinda cowardly.

Cheers, Wolf.


With all due respect I've dug out information using info
people have supplied about themselves and cross referencing
it with other info available on the net. I did this out of curiosity.
Seeing the results I stopped using my name, location, and other
personal statistics. The new goldmines are facebook and twitter.
I've got my own business, multiple black belts, both hips replaced
and three sons who have beat the **** out of me for over twenty years.
(I'm uneasy posting the specifics I just described)
There's not much left to fear.

Mike Vandeman[_4_] September 16th 09 05:28 AM

Wrong Again Vandemoron
 
On Sep 15, 3:44*pm, "JP" wrote:
"Dr. Brian Leverich" wrote in ...





On 2009-09-15, JP wrote:


Wrong on all counts Vandemoron.


1) * *Unlike you I have significant assets and I (apparently again =
unlike you)
* * * * know that the internet is mined for data that can be used in =
identity theft.
* * * * So I tend not to reveal personal information.


I'm a mountain biker and don't have a lot of love for
Mikey, but I'm kinda with him on people not just flopping
out their names.


"Identity theft" is largely a crock. *Most of what is
called "identity theft" is just relatives using your
credit cards without your permission, and almost all of
the rest is very mundane the-waiter-skimmed-your-card-
before-charging-it-for-the-restaurant stuff.


The reason why people wanna be anonymous on USENET is
because they want to say stuff that they don't want to
own. *That may be fun, but it's also kinda cowardly.


Cheers, Wolf.


With all due respect I've dug out information using info
people have supplied about themselves and cross referencing
it with other info available on the net. *I did this out of curiosity.
Seeing the results I stopped using my name, location, and other
personal statistics. *The new goldmines are facebook and twitter.
I've got my own business, multiple black belts, both hips replaced
and three sons who have beat the **** out of me for over twenty years. *
(I'm uneasy posting the specifics I just *described)
There's not much left to fear.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Not using your real name guarantees that you will be ignored. For good
reason. You are a nonentity.

And not providing any specifics guarantees that you are lying: You
don't want anyone checking your assertions. Even MORE reason to ignore
you.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:28 PM.
Home - Home - Home - Home - Home

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CycleBanter.com