CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=113685)

Marc Riehm October 26th 05 04:48 PM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

I'm looking for any comments that folks out there might have on a road
bike that I am considering purchasing.

It is a new Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain and brakes. Likely it
will have Campy Vento wheels, although I may possibly upgrade to
Scirocco. Seatpost, handlebars, seat etc. should be "decent", according
to the vendor.

The price is ~2500 CAD (approx 2140 USD at current conversion rate).

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks, --Marc Riehm,

Larry October 26th 05 07:25 PM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

Without question Look is the finest riding carbon bike I have ever road. I
am 45 and have tried most of them and owned quite a few. These bikes have a
perfect ride and finish. Might not be the lightest bike but what is a few
ounces to the average rider at 19 - 20 mph average. If you climb the Alp's
then a few ounce's might matter. Great bike go for it.

gds October 26th 05 09:27 PM

Larry wrote:
Without question Look is the finest riding carbon bike I have ever road.

I have heard many good things about Look but wonder at your blanket
statement. What makes it the finest riding carbon bike? Is it stiffer
or softer than others? How does it track on a fast downhill and how
does it turn at slow speeds?

My experience is that different riders will rate ride characteristic
differently based on personal preference. So, for example I love being
on an extra stiff frame. One of my best friends and a rider well
matched to me prefers a softer ride. Is one "better" than the other?
Only in terms of our preferences,

So, I think, the best advice is for the OP to ride that frame and
decide if he likes it for himself. No question Look makes good frames,
the issue is will the individual rider prefer it (or not) to others.

John Forrest Tomlinson October 27th 05 12:10 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

This belongs in rec.bicycles.tech, not rbracing or rbmisc.

Thanks

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Larry October 27th 05 12:10 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

And you belong minding your own business. The guy has a simple question and
may not even know of any other groups. So instead of being a jerk why not
just try and help.

http://www.bikyle.com/Look2005.asp

Bill Sornson October 27th 05 01:19 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

This belongs in rec.bicycles.tech, not rbracing or rbmisc.

Disagree.

Me William Myselfson

John Forrest Tomlinson October 27th 05 02:25 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:10:53 -0400, "Larry"
wrote:

The guy has a simple question and
may not even know of any other groups.
So instead of being a jerk why not
just try and help.

I don't understand why you are insulting me. I told him about two
groups which are appropriate for his questions. That's actually
helping him.

And you belong minding your own business.

Why is it that you can object to my providing good facts to someone?

Please step back, take a deep breath and think about it.

Thanks,

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson October 27th 05 02:26 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:19:30 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

This belongs in rec.bicycles.tech, not rbracing or rbmisc.

Disagree.

You're mistaken.

Please read the rec.bikes.* FAQ.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Philip W. Moore, Jr. October 27th 05 03:21 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

Who gives a ****? He is looking to buy a bike, but he's asking technical
questions. Life's too short to correct people's sentences, too.

Jeff Starr October 27th 05 04:26 AM

Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:25:28 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

I don't understand why you are insulting me. I told him about two
groups which are appropriate for his questions. That's actually
helping him.

What two groups? You mentioned two groups that you didn't want him
posting in, but only one [ rec.bicycle.tech] that you thought
appropriate.

Jeff