CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The damndest thing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3223)

Corvus Corvax July 1st 03 03:49 AM

The damndest thing

Sometimes you wonder.

I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
when I run it in 36x18.

****!

CC

Slacker July 1st 03 04:29 AM

The damndest thing

Sometimes you wonder.

I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
when I run it in 36x18.

****!

CC

That's pretty funny cause I've been DH'ing a couple seasons now with my triple rings and front der attached without any kind of
tensioner; I've never dropped a chain!
--
Slacker

Paladin July 1st 03 03:46 PM

The damndest thing

(Corvus Corvax) wrote in message . com...
Sometimes you wonder.

I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
when I run it in 36x18.

****!

CC

According tohis majesty Sheldon, there are magical combinations that
don't require tensioners. Maybe you've hit one and didn't know how
lucky you were.

Paladin

Corvus Corvax July 1st 03 08:41 PM

The damndest thing

(Paladin) wrote

According tohis majesty Sheldon, there are magical combinations that
don't require tensioners. Maybe you've hit one and didn't know how
lucky you were.

Indeed. I took it out for a test spin this morning, and it seemed to
work great. Didn't rattle loose on dirt or staircases. Felt buttah
smooth. Amazingly cool! It's as if the bike was destined for
singularity.

2:1 sucks for a street gear, though. Looks like I'll just leave the
knobbies on the Giant and use the Surly for my onliest street ride.

CC

Slacker July 2nd 03 12:12 AM

The damndest thing

That's pretty funny cause I've been DH'ing a couple seasons now with my
triple rings and front der attached without any kind of
tensioner; I've never dropped a chain!
--
Slacker

That's just because you go so slow! ;^P

Mike

hehehe...actually, there's some truth in that statement
--
Slacker