CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Berkeley / San Francisco Riders (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=115032)

joemarshall November 1st 05 05:23 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

I'm in Berkeley next week from Monday until Sunday the 13th.

Anyone fancy meeting up for a ride some day that week. I'm busy on the
Wed and Friday, but the rest of the days are unplanned as yet. I'm
going to be uni-less, so begging a borrow of a unicycle. If anyone
fancied going muning and had a spare muni I could borrow that'd be
extra double fun, although I guess I'm limited a bit in that I'll be
getting around by public transport. If there's a regular unicycling
meet, that'd be cool to go to too.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

tholub November 1st 05 06:44 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

We've got you covered.

On Tuesday nights we play unicycle basketball in Berkeley; I'm sure we
can arrange an extra uni for you (how tall are you?)

I'm busy on Saturday the 12th but could be up for a MUni ride on Sunday
the 13th in the morning. Thanks to Kris Holm and fortuity I now have
an extra MUni; what kind of ride would you be into? (We have lots of
cross country riding available, and some fun technical singletrack,
too).

--
tholub

phil November 1st 05 06:55 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

Joe likes any muni ride where he can ride really fast behind people
shouting "FASTER! FASTER!" until they fall off spectacularly. :)

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

gerblefranklin November 1st 05 10:08 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

I might be up for a trials ride on either Thursday or Saturday, or I
might jump in for a muni ride on Sunday. If you wanna ride trials I can
lend you a uni. If you're under 6' you could fit my muni, or use my
trials if you prefer. I don't really care which one I use anymore.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Catboy November 1st 05 10:33 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

Sunday muni ride? Let me know if anything happens and I might come down
to ride.

--
Catboy

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)
Gallery Updated: 10/17/05

:)*'UPD T-Shirts ON SALE NOW!!! (Click Me)'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43900)*:)

unicyclistben November 1st 05 10:49 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

i may be up for it
if u can getta ride

--
unicyclistben
unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

joemarshall November 2nd 05 01:38 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

Unicycle basketball sounds insane, I'll definately try to come along to
that, although I'm terrible at normal basketball, so it'll be an
interesting experiment.

are the details the same as it says on this page (tuesday 6.30 @
Strawberry Creek Park)?
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~juggle/uni.php I think I'm staying
somewhere pretty close to there anyway, so I shouldn't have a problem
getting to that.

Muni on the sunday would be super cool, I'm mostly into fast
singletrack riding, technical but without big drops cos I'm chicken.

I'll aim to get to the basketball and we can organise about muni, I'm
not sure if I'll have email/web next week, if you were to PM me a phone
number I could call you if I don't make the basketball. I should be
contactable on my mobile (+44 7905 696427) but I suspect that'd cost an
insane amount to call from the US.

I think I'll not be able to ride trials because a) I'm rubbish at
trials and b)I'm going to be being a bit careful this holiday having
badly injured myself in Paris a few months back and had an awful lot of
hassle with one foreign medical system and wasted a lot of holiday
time.

Joe

corbin November 3rd 05 01:48 AM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

if you all end up doing a muni ride, please send an email to the "bay
area muni list" with the date/time. I may end up coming too.

email: muni AT lists DOT bluetreesoft DOT com

your browser, or cut and paste). thanks. -corbin (in los gatos, cali).

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

onefiftyfour November 4th 05 01:51 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

i too am in San Fran that weekend. And Sunday will be the day I will be
able to spend on a uni if possible. Can I tag along? Do I need to
bring a uni or is it possible there is another loaner out there???

-Eric

--
onefiftyfour
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

tholub November 4th 05 04:20 PM

Berkeley / San Francisco Riders

I'm out of actual MUnis, but I have a Big Apple 29er with 125mm cranks
you could borrow. That might work if we go over and do China Camp,
which is mostly lightly technical wide singletrack. (The alternative
is Joaquin Miller, which is prettier, shorter, and more technical; not
ideal 29er territory).

--
tholub