CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do you know what would happen if you gave a bunch of bananas to abunch of monkeys? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=215927)

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit April 27th 10 11:28 PM

Do you know what would happen if you gave a bunch of bananas to abunch of monkeys?

On Apr 27, 5:14 pm, Michael wrote:
On Apr 27, 1:54 pm, Conscience nobama@g v.com wrote:

On 2010-04-27 13:34:28 -0700, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers"
said:

Increasing the tax on gas would save thousands of lives a year as
people drove slower to get better mileage. We saw that in 2008.

Oh, yeah. Brilliant idea.

How 'bout those food prices, huh?

Funny too how the food prices didn't drop after gas dropped from $4/
gallon...

I only wished meat and junk food was pricey enough to reduce its
consumption. But all we got to do is TAX JUNK FOOD/MEAT and subsidize
the good stuff.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit April 28th 10 05:06 AM

On Apr 27, 5:50*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Someone wrote:
Increasing the tax on gas would save thousands of lives a year as
people drove slower to get better mileage. We saw that in 2008.
Oh, yeah. *Brilliant idea.
How 'bout those food prices, huh?
Funny too how the food prices didn't drop after gas dropped from
$4/ gallon...

I only wished meat and junk food was pricey enough to reduce its
consumption. But all we got to do is TAX JUNK FOOD/MEAT and
subsidize the good stuff.

Cigarettes have risen enormously in price in the last ten years and
the same folks still burn them at a great rate. *When people have an
addiction, their fervor seems to rise with price of their habit. *I
have little hope for the proposal.

Jobst Brandt

Still smokers are fewer than in other countries where cigarettes are
cheaper.

It made me quit 13 years ago.