CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How did you learn? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=172860)

rem48 November 3rd 07 03:33 PM

How did you learn?

Was reading another thread and saw people veering to this conversation
and thought I'd start a thread to hear where some of you started
unicycling. I started in the snow in michigan on a christmas morning by
hanging on to a fire hydrant. I got much better once I shoveled the
sidewalk! Ha!

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com

qhxakg November 3rd 07 04:11 PM

How did you learn?

I learned at a tennis court holding on to the net in july

--
qhxakg

If somebody tells you your tricks are gay, ask them if they are an
expert in gay trickery.
-Ivan-
~o"o~'Unicycle for The Flying Spaghetti Monster'
(http://www.venganza.org/)~o"o~
http://www.usenet.com

superiorbalence November 3rd 07 04:26 PM

How did you learn?

I learned by holding onto my fence in the backyard, and just going for
it on the grass, were i eventualy got better and better.

--
superiorbalence
http://www.usenet.com

domdom2000 November 3rd 07 04:36 PM

How did you learn?

I learned going back and forth in my upstairs hallway using the wall for
occasional balance, it was winter.

--
domdom2000
http://www.usenet.com

Pdougherty November 3rd 07 04:53 PM

How did you learn?

I learned in my basement. At the time we just took some cabinets out of
our kitchen and I had a little strip in between them that I rode in. I
was actually supposed to be helping my dad with the electrical for the
kitchen and I didn't want to work so I was down in the basement and
picked it up.

--
Pdougherty
http://www.usenet.com

mycatisonfire November 3rd 07 05:03 PM

How did you learn?

I learned in the middle of a road on a unicycle made from a bmx 20 years
ago with 10 spokes missing a couple of springs ago xD

--
mycatisonfire

Em,
Prove It In Form Of Dance
http://www.usenet.com

saskatchewanian November 3rd 07 05:51 PM

How did you learn?

I started to learn against a building and didn't get to far. When I
bought my own a couple years later I studded the tire and and learnt on
a cleared section of the lake as it was the only flat area around.

--
saskatchewanian

The Coker isn't elegant, it's majestic
http://www.usenet.com

Buddy November 3rd 07 05:58 PM

How did you learn?

I learned in a parking garage where I just went for it, not holding onto
anything.

--
Buddy

Leah "The Buddy"

how i miss my old account...
http://www.usenet.com

chrome November 3rd 07 06:39 PM

How did you learn?

I learned by riding along a chain link fence next to a sidewalk.

When I lost my balance, I could grab through the fence and prevent a
fall, this was pretty bad for my fingers though, even with gloves. When
I started going several consecutive revolutions, I could brush my palm
along the fence for balance, kind of like riding Braille.

The tennis court was good too, that's where I learned how to turn.

Cr

--
chrome
http://www.usenet.com

One on one November 3rd 07 06:58 PM

How did you learn?

rem48 wrote:
Was reading another thread and saw people veering to this conversation
and thought I'd start a thread to hear where some of you started
unicycling. I started in the snow in michigan on a christmas morning by
hanging on to a fire hydrant. I got much better once I shoveled the
sidewalk! Ha!

The neighbors must have thought that you really lost it. Old guy, 1
wheeled bike, snow on the ground. Definitely crackers.

I learned on the back deck of my house. Has a nice railing at just the
right height. I'd come home at midnight from my job and would try to
ride it. Lots of banging noise as the uni kept hitting the deck.

--
One on one

"That's going to end up in somebody's sig." - rob.northcott

"one on one is happy, so am I!...." -CKCrowe
http://www.usenet.com