CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trek 1500 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27062)

MT July 15th 03 07:09 AM

Trek 1500

It's sale time right now as shops clear old stock.

How much is a 2003 Trek 1500 worth (USD) and is it worth waiting for
the 2004 model??

Aesthetics is also important to me, and considering Trek's previous
models are a bit of an eye sore, I am not sure if the 2004 models are
going to look as nice as the 2003 design.

Can anyone offer advice on what I should do and how much I should fork
out?

B. Sanders July 15th 03 03:31 PM

Trek 1500

"MT" wrote in message
om...
It's sale time right now as shops clear old stock.

How much is a 2003 Trek 1500 worth (USD)

Check Ebay.

and is it worth waiting for
the 2004 model??

Trek bikes don't change much from year to year, except for paint variations.

Aesthetics is also important to me, and considering Trek's previous
models are a bit of an eye sore, I am not sure if the 2004 models are
going to look as nice as the 2003 design.

Considering that nothing radical has happened in the mid-range component
groups, and no new materials have been introduced, my guess is that not much
will change. The 2004's may be available in prettier colors, that's about
it.

Can anyone offer advice on what I should do and how much I should fork
out?

No idea. It all depends on how much you can get for your used bike. You
could try a trade-in at the dealership. It's much lower hassle than selling
your bike outright; but is likely to cost you more $$.

My question is: If you care so much about aesthetics, why not just spend
$200-ish and have the bike custom painted and re-decaled in your favorite
colors? www.spectrumpowderworks.com

-Barry

-Barry