CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   definitely not cyclists (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=174167)

Zebee Johnstone November 22nd 07 06:12 AM

definitely not cyclists

http://www.copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

all those women riding about, no lycra, daggy bikes.

Not cyclists, no way!

Never happen in Oz. Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for
transport.

Zebee

Theo Bekkers November 22nd 07 06:33 AM

definitely not cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

all those women riding about, no lycra, daggy bikes.

Not cyclists, no way!

Never happen in Oz. Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for
transport.

Just down to the shop? In normal shoes and everything? Nah, real cyclists
only ride in bunches, on Sundays.

Not good publicity in Perth ATM, a ped got hit a week or so ago on the South
Perth foreshore shared path, subsequently died.

Theo

PeteSig[_2_] November 22nd 07 07:16 AM

definitely not cyclists

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote:
http://www.copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

all those women riding about, no lycra, daggy bikes.

Not cyclists, no way!

Never happen in Oz. Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for
transport.

Nor these ones either:
http://www.boroondarabug.org/other_r...amWithLerv.pdf

All those bikes and not a real cyclist amongst them......hey, that means
they must all be *unreal cyclists*, now that's a lot better!

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

tim November 22nd 07 08:31 AM

definitely not cyclists

On Nov 22, 5:16 pm, "PeteSig" wrote:
Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for transport.

All those bikes and not a real cyclist amongst them...

FYI, I'm inching closer [1] toward importing and selling cargo bikes
in the style of the Dutch "bakfiets" (as featured in PeteSig's
postcard from Amsterdam).

http://www.townbikes.com

Very daggy bicycles for unreal cyclists to use just for transport.

Unashamedly built somewhere other than the Netherlands, so I can sell
them for a whole lot less than a genuine Dutch Bakfiets (eg
http://shop.cheekytransport.com.au/s...?idProduct=32).

Also considering the option of old-school upright "city-bikes"...
single-speed with coaster brake, or hub-geared with drums. Chain
guards, mud guards, kick stands. Not compatible with lycra. Again,
priced to suit their target usage, as basic local transport.

Hopefully I'll be able to finalise prices and start taking orders
within a couple of weeks, for the cargo bikes at least.

tim

[1] at glacial pace

G-S November 22nd 07 10:20 AM

definitely not cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

all those women riding about, no lycra, daggy bikes.

Not cyclists, no way!

Never happen in Oz. Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for
transport.

Zebee

I wheeled my Giant Cypress City (with rack, panniers, lights, kick-stand
etc etc) commuter bike out the door of work today into a sea of lycra.
The local cycling club meet and leave from the lights near work.

I was in a work T-Shirt and black jeans (it was cold today... normally
that'd be shorts).

Many many 'looks' (presumably because I didn't fit the lycra
demographic) LOL

G-S

Obakesan November 22nd 07 10:48 AM

definitely not cyclists

hi

err ... re your site ... you've got some dud html in there mate

and mailto: is not really "robot safe", try using this instead

script type="text/javascript"document.write('a href="mailto:' +
String.
fromCharCode(101,110,113,117,105,114,105,101,115,6 4,116,111,119,110,98,105,107,
101,115,46,99,111,109) + '"enquiries /a');/script

of course that'll need scripts enabled on the client end

In article
, tim
wrote:
[...]

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer
Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove undies for reply

tim November 22nd 07 11:31 AM

definitely not cyclists

On Nov 22, 8:48 pm, (Obakesan) wrote:
hi

err ... re your site ... you've got some dud html in there mate

err... thanks for your critique of my "5 minutes with a random
automatic html generator and GIMP placeholder page".

I guess those br / tags are a bit unauthodox, but they've rendered
okay the handful of times I've looked at the page.

Tell you what, I'll fix them.

If it makes you happier for knowing, I'll be using a CMS when I get my
sh!t together and set one up.

and mailto: is not really "robot safe", try using this instead

Meh. It's a disposable address, and my t-bird is pretty good at
picking the v1/\g3ra spam from real mail on the other dozen or so
addresses it sorts through.

Thanks for your concern, though. I'll let you know when I have some
bikes to sell.

tim

Obakesan November 22nd 07 01:09 PM

definitely not cyclists

In article ,
tim wrote:
On Nov 22, 8:48 pm, (Obakesan) wrote:
hi

err ... re your site ... you've got some dud html in there mate

err... thanks for your critique of my "5 minutes with a random
automatic html generator and GIMP placeholder page".

I guess those br / tags are a bit unauthodox, but they've rendered
okay the handful of times I've looked at the page.

glad to see that constructive advice is treated with sarcasm

Obakesan November 22nd 07 01:13 PM

definitely not cyclists

In article ,
(Obakesan) wrote:
In article ,
tim wrote:
On Nov 22, 8:48 pm, (Obakesan) wrote:
hi

err ... re your site ... you've got some dud html in there mate

err... thanks for your critique of my "5 minutes with a random
automatic html generator and GIMP placeholder page".

I guess those br / tags are a bit unauthodox, but they've rendered
okay the handful of times I've looked at the page.

just fyi

a enquiries/a

should have the " closed ... making it

a "enquiries/a

dewatf November 24th 07 12:58 AM

definitely not cyclists

On 22 Nov 2007 05:12:36 GMT, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://www.copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

all those women riding about, no lycra, daggy bikes.

Not cyclists, no way!

Never happen in Oz. Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for
transport.

Note the lack of hills, the traffic congestion, the lack of parking, that
Copenhagen is a couple of square kilometres in area and the fact that the
riders are wearing overcoats and ugg boots.

In Sydney the fact that corporate workers are expected to where black
woollen suits in 40C heat does make it more difficult but you do see people
riding around inner city areas in street clothes. Mountain bikes are so
much cheaper and popular here so they ride those.

dewatf.