CycleBanter.com

-   -   joytech rear hub (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255039)

Emanuel Berg[_2_] November 10th 17 12:39 PM

joytech rear hub

Today I came across an interesting rear hub.
It is a single speed mechanism but unlike the
familiar Torpedo hub the brake cylinder is made
out of two loose parts. To mount the thing
first a cylinder screw is put into the hub
shell, then the brake parts are dropped down,
last a cone is put down the axle to hook both
into two pins, *and* into the brake parts that
are positioned at opposite side.

The hub doesn't have a name on any part what
I can see save for the brake arm which has the
word "joytech" on it.

Anyone has any information or images from this
kind of hub?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

AMuzi November 10th 17 02:24 PM

joytech rear hub

On 11/10/2017 6:39 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Today I came across an interesting rear hub.
It is a single speed mechanism but unlike the
familiar Torpedo hub the brake cylinder is made
out of two loose parts. To mount the thing
first a cylinder screw is put into the hub
shell, then the brake parts are dropped down,
last a cone is put down the axle to hook both
into two pins, *and* into the brake parts that
are positioned at opposite side.

The hub doesn't have a name on any part what
I can see save for the brake arm which has the
word "joytech" on it.

Anyone has any information or images from this
kind of hub?

copy of Shimano CB:

https://bluebirdcycles.files.wordpre...0&h=366&crop=1

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Emanuel Berg[_2_] November 10th 17 04:11 PM

joytech rear hub

AMuzi wrote:

copy of Shimano CB

100% correct

Emanuel Berg[_2_] November 10th 17 04:20 PM

joytech rear hub

AMuzi wrote:

copy of Shimano CB

Are there any secrets to this hub? Or just
diesel everything, grease bearings?