CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "If I built it, would they come?" (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=83565)

Chris Zacho The Wheelman February 23rd 05 04:43 PM

"If I built it, would they come?"

I was thinking of starting a new section to my website's photo section,
An online "Concourse de Elegance", where readers could display photos of
their most beautiful machines (past and/or present). Any type of bicycle
would be allowed. Before I end up wasting my time, however, I would like
to take a poll of the group. So here's my question (hypothetical, for
the moment):

If I did make such a page, would you be willing to contribute to it?

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Neil Brooks February 23rd 05 05:17 PM

(Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

I was thinking of starting a new section to my website's photo section,
An online "Concourse de Elegance", where readers could display photos of
their most beautiful machines (past and/or present). Any type of bicycle
would be allowed. Before I end up wasting my time, however, I would like
to take a poll of the group. So here's my question (hypothetical, for
the moment):

If I did make such a page, would you be willing to contribute to it?

Bike porn. I'd do it.

Maggie February 23rd 05 05:58 PM

Neil Brooks wrote:
(Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

I was thinking of starting a new section to my website's photo

section,
An online "Concourse de Elegance", where readers could display

photos of
their most beautiful machines (past and/or present). Any type of

bicycle
would be allowed. Before I end up wasting my time, however, I would

like
to take a poll of the group. So here's my question (hypothetical,

for
the moment):

If I did make such a page, would you be willing to contribute to it?

Bike porn. I'd do it.

They have Concours de elegance for cars....why not a bike site. Hey
will it really be bike porn? Cool.
All good things,
Maggie

HardwareLust February 23rd 05 09:23 PM

"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" wrote in message
I was thinking of starting a new section to my website's photo section,
An online "Concourse de Elegance", where readers could display photos of
their most beautiful machines (past and/or present). Any type of bicycle
would be allowed. Before I end up wasting my time, however, I would like
to take a poll of the group. So here's my question (hypothetical, for
the moment):

If I did make such a page, would you be willing to contribute to it?

Absolutely! I already have mulitple shots of all my bikes to contribute
anytime you are ready.

H.

RonSonic February 24th 05 12:22 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:43:15 -0500, (Chris Zacho "The
Wheelman") wrote:

I was thinking of starting a new section to my website's photo section,
An online "Concourse de Elegance", where readers could display photos of
their most beautiful machines (past and/or present). Any type of bicycle
would be allowed. Before I end up wasting my time, however, I would like
to take a poll of the group. So here's my question (hypothetical, for
the moment):

If I did make such a page, would you be willing to contribute to it?

I'd love to contribute. Which is to say I'd love to have a bike worthy of such
display.

Ron

Neil Brooks February 24th 05 12:31 AM

RonSonic wrote:

I'd love to contribute. Which is to say I'd love to have a bike worthy of such
display.

1980's Fisher doesn't qualify?? False modesty, I say.... ;-)

RonSonic February 24th 05 04:12 AM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:31:31 GMT, Neil Brooks wrote:

RonSonic wrote:

I'd love to contribute. Which is to say I'd love to have a bike worthy of such
display.

1980's Fisher doesn't qualify?? False modesty, I say.... ;-)

Okay, I'll play. Just doesn't strike me as especially pretty. Absolute
freeking blast in the woods and dirt roads, just not much to look at.

Ron

Chris Zacho The Wheelman February 26th 05 04:14 PM

Thanks for the responces, guys. Altough not everybody on the board
responded, the enthusiasm of those who did seems to warrent the effort,
assuming this group is an accurate representation of the world at large
LoL!

- -

Neil Brooks February 26th 05 04:32 PM

(Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

assuming this group is an accurate representation of the world at large

.. . . and it's /that/ very thought that keeps me up at night!

Rich February 27th 05 04:18 PM

Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

I'd recommend moving the menu that's currently at the bottom of the
first page to the top. It woudl make navigating the site easier.