CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT--The Lawyers Did It (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=92970)

B. Lafferty August 6th 05 11:48 AM

OT--The Lawyers Did It

and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

RonSonic August 6th 05 02:56 PM

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:48:57 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

Say a prayer, hit the switch and KNOW that the ****er isn't going to murder
anybody else.

Ron

Philip Holman August 6th 05 03:32 PM

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...
and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

IQ = 76 but still not smart enough to deliberately flunk the test. What
kind of advice was he getting?

Phil H

B. Lafferty August 6th 05 03:47 PM

"Philip Holman" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...
and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

IQ = 76 but still not smart enough to deliberately flunk the test. What
kind of advice was he getting?

Phil H

They should have let him hang around his lawyers until his IQ topped 100 and
then tried to rehabilitate him. But clearly, this is a freak case. Hanging
around lawyers hasn't improved anyone's IQ here at rbr. ;-)

Bill C August 6th 05 04:19 PM

Philip Holman wrote:
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...
and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

IQ = 76 but still not smart enough to deliberately flunk the test. What
kind of advice was he getting?

Phil H

Apparently about the same kind of help he got from the mental health
system. I think that sector of our health system is by far the most
screwed up. You'd think it'd occur to someone in government that
actually providing programs, monitoring and treatment is massively more
cost effective both in terms of money and lives, but **** no that's too
easy.
We as a society failed this kid and his victim, but they'll kill this
kid, and never even begin to address where the system blew it.
Guess I shouldn't expect it since a lot of States can't even take care
of the young children in their programs. Pretty sad state of affairs.
Bill C

IMKen August 6th 05 05:10 PM

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

We as a society failed this kid and his victim, but they'll kill this
kid, and never even begin to address where the system blew it.

Bull ****, he failed himself by burning out his brain with drugs. He chose
crime and his destiny. Now rid the earth of him.

D. Ferguson August 6th 05 06:07 PM

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...
and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

IQ = 76 but still not smart enough to deliberately flunk the test. What
kind of advice was he getting?

Phil H

They should have let him hang around his lawyers until his IQ topped 100 and
then tried to rehabilitate him. But clearly, this is a freak case. Hanging
around lawyers hasn't improved anyone's IQ here at rbr. ;-)

It was the stimulation, not the lawyers. If he'd have hung around
normal people he would have tested an 85. But hanging around lawyers
stunted his potential. But he can LIE like a muthafutha now.

gwhite August 6th 05 11:13 PM

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
nk.net...
and now he's going to die.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4126154.stm

IQ = 76 but still not smart enough to deliberately flunk the test. What
kind of advice was he getting?

Phil H

They should have let him hang around his lawyers until his IQ topped 100 and
then tried to rehabilitate him. But clearly, this is a freak case. Hanging
around lawyers hasn't improved anyone's IQ here at rbr. ;-)

And the lawyers here have seen their IQ's go down.

Fred August 7th 05 05:01 AM

"IMKen" wrote in message

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

We as a society failed this kid and his victim, but they'll kill this
kid, and never even begin to address where the system blew it.

Bull ****, he failed himself by burning out his brain with drugs. He

chose
crime and his destiny. Now rid the earth of him.

He's got mental health problems, what's your excuse?

Kyle Legate August 7th 05 08:26 AM

Fred wrote:

He's got mental health problems, what's your excuse?

He doesn't have mental health problems, he's merely stupid.

That said, capital punishment is as distasteful as sharia law.