CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Questionable R.b.m. behavior last couple months (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=107399)

Brett Thompson June 8th 05 11:34 PM

Questionable R.b.m. behavior last couple months

Is anybody else experiencing unusual behavior with r.b.m. the last month or
two? For me:
1) The quantity of posts has gone down probably 70-80%.
2) I'm getting the same posts regurgitated every couple days.

For reference my provider is Brighthouse Networks cable (i.e. Road Runner
high speed). I haven't asked them if anything has changed but neither have
I heard anything from them.

Color me curious.
Curious.

Gary Jacobson June 9th 05 02:06 AM

"Brett Thompson" wrote in message
Is anybody else experiencing unusual behavior with r.b.m. the last month
or
two? For me:
1) The quantity of posts has gone down probably 70-80%.

Didn't AOL drop this NG? Any other good spots for buy/sell?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Timothy Douma June 9th 05 03:26 AM

Brett Thompson wrote:
Is anybody else experiencing unusual behavior with r.b.m. the last month or
two? For me:
1) The quantity of posts has gone down probably 70-80%.
2) I'm getting the same posts regurgitated every couple days.

For reference my provider is Brighthouse Networks cable (i.e. Road Runner
high speed). I haven't asked them if anything has changed but neither have
I heard anything from them.

Color me curious.
Curious.

I used to read this group faithfully. With the advent of a very
active craigslist.com in the Chicago area, I find myself looking there
more often. I don't know if this phenomenon is replicated in less
densely populated areas...

fwiw
td

qui si parla Campagnolo June 9th 05 02:11 PM

Gary Jacobson wrote:
"Brett Thompson" wrote in message
Is anybody else experiencing unusual behavior with r.b.m. the last month
or
two? For me:
1) The quantity of posts has gone down probably 70-80%.

Didn't AOL drop this NG? Any other good spots for buy/sell?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

AOL dropped newsgroups alltogether. I went to google for the NGs...

Alex Rodriguez June 9th 05 05:03 PM

Questionable R.b.m. behavior last couple months

In article , says...

I used to read this group faithfully. With the advent of a very
active craigslist.com in the Chicago area, I find myself looking there
more often. I don't know if this phenomenon is replicated in less
densely populated areas...

I browse the NY CL, but it is mostly overpriced crap. You get countless ads
for used Huffy's with a price that is higher than buying it new at your local
discount store. You also get the 10 year old Cannondale 'rarely ridden' and
they will toss in a helmet and shoes, so they as the same price as when it was
new.
-----------------
Alex

Brett Thompson June 10th 05 01:00 AM

Questionable R.b.m. behavior last couple months

I dropped AoHell about 1 year after I got involved with the 'net. Which
would be about 10 years ago now I think.

I still get r.b.m. (and other ngs) just not the same quantity.

Timothy Douma June 12th 05 04:59 AM

Questionable R.b.m. behavior last couple months

Alex Rodriguez wrote:
In article , says...

I used to read this group faithfully. With the advent of a very
active craigslist.com in the Chicago area, I find myself looking there
more often. I don't know if this phenomenon is replicated in less
densely populated areas...

I browse the NY CL, but it is mostly overpriced crap. You get countless ads
for used Huffy's with a price that is higher than buying it new at your local
discount store. You also get the 10 year old Cannondale 'rarely ridden' and
they will toss in a helmet and shoes, so they as the same price as when it was
new.
Alex

Hey, Alex. You should move to Chicago. There often are some great
deals here; especially if you want something older. I just bought a
Voyageur Columbus SP frame with bars, stem, levers and canti's for $40.