CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Red light cameras? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=226905)

Frank Krygowski[_2_] April 22nd 11 02:44 AM

Red light cameras?

Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

This is a serious question, not a troll. I know a cycling
organization whose officers are trying to decide.

- Frank Krygowski

kolldata April 22nd 11 02:59 AM

Red light cameras?

one approach you could try is coming into country intersection at abt
125-turn your lights off so oncoming traffis is visible.
works great !

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] April 22nd 11 03:15 AM

Red light cameras?

On 4/21/2011 8:44 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?
[...]

I think we should let the John's have their privacy.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

kolldata April 22nd 11 04:00 AM

Red light cameras?

leading tooo the next serious discussion of traffic ****rol

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

kolldata April 22nd 11 04:10 AM

Red light cameras?

On Apr 21, 10:00*pm, kolldata wrote:
leading tooo the next serious discussion of traffic ****rol

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...ih=761&q=prost...

depresssing !!!!

back to reality

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&b...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Jay Beattie April 22nd 11 05:03 AM

Red light cameras?

On Apr 21, 6:44*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Who's in favor of red light cameras? *Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

This is a serious question, not a troll. *I know a cycling
organization whose officers are trying to decide.

Those things are the reason I took the front license plate off my
bike!

We've got 'em. http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting...meras_not.html
They're great for generating revenue. They are reported to reduce
accidents, so I could see a yes vote from a cycling organization. --
Jay Beattie.

Jeff Liebermann April 22nd 11 05:50 AM

Red light cameras?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:44:22 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Who's in favor of red light cameras? Who's against?

Do you think a cycling organization should come out in favor of them?

Traffic cameras rely on photos of the license plate in order to
function. Unless you want a large metal licence plate on your
bicycle, methinks that a cyclists would not need to worry much about
getting a ticket from a traffic camera. If this cycling organization
wants to take a stand on traffic cameras for automobiles, methinks
they're somewhat out of their area of concern and expertise. No vote
for me.

(I initially thought you were asking about infrared photography).

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] April 22nd 11 06:46 AM

Red light cameras?

On 4/21/2011 10:00 PM, kolldata wrote:
leading tooo the next serious discussion of traffic ****rol

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=