CycleBanter.com

-   -   Speech Impediments? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=236339)

Dave - Cyclists VOR May 1st 12 12:27 AM

Speech Impediments?

I think I've got this worked out, but could anyone confirm my
translation of the Hull speech impediment?

"dob them in to their gaffers"

I think this means that anyone stealing from, or defrauding their
employers should be grassed up. Is that correct?

Does this apply to employees of BP Chemicals?

"dead drop", "live drop".

I assume this refers to grocery deliveries, but does anyone have a clue
what these phrases actually mean?

"our lass".

Does this refer to the 16 stone sweaty wife of a Hull resident?

"a session up Sprout Hill".

Is this a reference to consensual anal sex?

I did think about asking a teacher, but the only ones I know of can't spell.

University

Simon Mason[_4_] May 1st 12 05:16 AM

Hoy asks for organisers' help in resolving Olympic ticket headache

QUOTE:
Four-time Olympic champion Sir Chris Hoy has pleaded with the
organisers of London 2012 to provide more tickets for competitors'
families at the Games and help resolve his dilemma of choosing which
of his nearest and dearest will get to watch his bid to become
Britain’s most successful ever Olympian from inside the Velodrome.

The track star, who looks likely to defend his titles in the team
sprint and the keirin this summer, with Jason Kenny favourite to
secure the single GB spot in the individual sprint, needs one gold
medal to match Sir Steve Redgrave’s British record of five; the rower
also has one bronze medal, but Hoy already has a silver in his
collection.

Hoy’s family – his mother Carol, father David and sister Carrie plus
his wife Sarra whom he married in 2010, have travelled the world
supporting him as he has amassed those medals plus many others in
world championships and other events.

However, The Scotsman reports that like many other members of the
British Olympic team, Hoy faces a headache over which members of his
family will be able to watch him compete this summer, with only two
tickets allocated to him per session in which he competes.

“It is difficult because my family has travelled all over the world to
Sydney, Athens, Beijing to watch me compete,” said the 36-year-old.

“You’d think the one you could get tickets for is your home event.

“Everybody wants to be there to see it but obviously you’d think the
families would be top of the list.

“We’re trying every possible angle to try and get tickets, we’re
working 24/7.”

In the case of Hoy and other track cyclists, the situation is made
more difficult by the relatively low capacity of the Velodrome plus
the huge demand for tickets for events there.

However, the Scot believes that organisers should hold back more
tickets for families.

“I don’t think athletes’ families have been taken into consideration.”
He insisted.

“It’s not rocket science. It just needs somebody to sit down and think
about the families who have got the athletes to this level. Just a
little bit of payback would be very welcome.”

A spokesman LOCOG, the London Olympic organisers, told The Scotsman:
“LOCOG is guaranteeing all athletes up to two tickets for family and
friends for every session they compete in, and this hasn’t always been
the case for previous Games.

“Athletes’ families typically can also get tickets from governing
bodies and their national Olympic committees. Sponsor Procter & Gamble
is also helping Team GB athletes’ families with tickets.”

While Hoy’s aim this summer is gold medals, he implied that after
London, he might have a more domestic target in mind by starting a
family with his wife, Sarra.

“We have no kids yet but we’ll see what happens,” he said. “I’m just
looking forward to putting Sarra first for a while after London and
just enjoying our lives together

http://road.cc/content/news/57395-ho...icket-headache

--
Simon Mason

Simon Mason May 1st 12 09:16 PM

Hoy asks for organisers' help in resolving Olympic ticket headache

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
QUOTE:

Hoy’s family – his mother Carol, father David and sister Carrie plus
his wife Sarra whom he married in 2010, have travelled the world
supporting him as he has amassed those medals plus many others in
world championships and other events.

However, The Scotsman reports that like many other members of the
British Olympic team, Hoy faces a headache over which members of his
family will be able to watch him compete this summer, with only two
tickets allocated to him per session in which he competes.

It would be a crying shame to see Sir Chris not being supported by his own
family in his own capital city.
--
Simon Mason

Mr. Benn[_9_] May 1st 12 10:24 PM

Hoy asks for organisers' help in resolving Olympic ticket headache

This is the comment left by the responsible cyclist who captured the video:

"It's because of riders like this that the Daily Mail and Sun's articles on
cyclists are full up with the bile and hate directed towards ALL cyclists.
You may have saved yourself a few seconds chappy but now that poor lady in
the red coat will just remember nearly being knocked over by some ****
cyclist this morning! I can only hope my yelling at you left a better
impression :-D"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0JYOIDmJvQ

jnugent May 1st 12 11:26 PM

On 01/05/2012 21:16, Simon Mason wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
QUOTE:

Hoy’s family – his mother Carol, father David and sister Carrie plus
his wife Sarra whom he married in 2010, have travelled the world
supporting him as he has amassed those medals plus many others in
world championships and other events.

However, The Scotsman reports that like many other members of the
British Olympic team, Hoy faces a headache over which members of his
family will be able to watch him compete this summer, with only two
tickets allocated to him per session in which he competes.

It would be a crying shame to see Sir Chris not being supported by his own
family in his own capital city.

Is he one of the ones who were banned for taking drugs?

I ask only for information.

Simon Mason[_4_] May 2nd 12 05:48 AM

On May 1, 9:16*pm, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

QUOTE:

Hoy’s family – his mother Carol, father David and sister Carrie plus
his wife Sarra whom he married in 2010, have travelled the world
supporting him as he has amassed those medals plus many others in
world championships and other events.

However, The Scotsman reports that like many other members of the
British Olympic team, Hoy faces a headache over which members of his
family will be able to watch him compete this summer, with only two
tickets allocated to him per session in which he competes.

It would be a crying shame to see Sir Chris not being supported by his own
family in his own capital city.

Sorry - Edinburgh is Sir Chris's capital city of course!
My mistake.

--
Simon Mason

Simon Mason[_4_] May 2nd 12 09:39 AM

On May 1, 5:16*am, Simon Mason wrote:

The track star, who looks likely to defend his titles in the team
sprint and the keirin this summer, with Jason Kenny favourite to
secure the single GB spot in the individual sprint, needs one gold
medal to match Sir Steve Redgrave’s British record of five; the rower
also has one bronze medal, but Hoy already has a silver in his
collection.

It would be truly remarkable if Sir Chris could surpass Steve
Redgrave's total of five golds.
Mind you, he already has a knighthood.
--
Simon Mason

Judith[_4_] May 2nd 12 10:31 PM

Hoy asks for organisers' help in resolving Olympic ticket headache

On Wed, 2 May 2012 01:39:24 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On May 1, 5:16*am, Simon Mason wrote:

The track star, who looks likely to defend his titles in the team
sprint and the keirin this summer, with Jason Kenny favourite to
secure the single GB spot in the individual sprint, needs one gold
medal to match Sir Steve Redgrave’s British record of five; the rower
also has one bronze medal, but Hoy already has a silver in his
collection.

It would be truly remarkable if Sir Chris could surpass Steve
Redgrave's total of five golds.
Mind you, he already has a knighthood.

Is it Sir Chris who is the drugs cheat?

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own