CycleBanter.com

-   -   Spinergy Rev-X wheel differences ?? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=119936)

cycledogg December 28th 05 08:32 PM

Spinergy Rev-X wheel differences ??

Hello,
I am considering getting a pair of used Spinergy Rev-X carbon wheels.
Some folks have told me that the color of the letters may identify the
difference of the class of wheels (weight and such). Could anyone here
help fill me in on this info?
Thanks,
Rick in Tennesseee

Phil Holman December 28th 05 11:20 PM

Spinergy Rev-X wheel differences ??

"cycledogg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I am considering getting a pair of used Spinergy Rev-X carbon wheels.
Some folks have told me that the color of the letters may identify the
difference of the class of wheels (weight and such). Could anyone here
help fill me in on this info?
Thanks,
Rick in Tennesseee

Going from memory. The blue stickers were a later version with the
blades outboard of the bearings making for increased lateral strength.
There was a lightweight version but the only difference was a ti axle.
Installation of x-beams was touted to improve wheel stiffness but that
was a piece of bull. It would "slightly" improve lateral stability in
the event of a loss of lower blade/spoke tension (there were several
instances of reported wheel failures). I still have a blue sticker set
from the mid 90s. I still ride them but I check them for delam, cracks
and spoke tension.

The Spinergy website doesn't give much info on rev x.
http://www.spinergy.com/frequently_asked_questions.htm

Phil H

Marty December 29th 05 09:22 AM

cycledogg wrote:
Hello,
I am considering getting a pair of used Spinergy Rev-X carbon wheels.
Some folks have told me that the color of the letters may identify the
difference of the class of wheels (weight and such). Could anyone here
help fill me in on this info?
Thanks,
Rick in Tennesseee

I've been riding a pair since they were first released without any
problems. I've recently bought a second pair (second hand) and have
complete faith in them.

Marty