CycleBanter.com

-   -   Wheelbuilding obstruction (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=230806)

Dan O September 2nd 11 08:07 AM

Wheelbuilding obstruction

http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg

Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
TS-2.

T°m Sherm@n September 3rd 11 06:12 AM

Awww...

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Joseph S September 3rd 11 10:39 AM

On Sep 2, 9:07*am, Dan O wrote:
http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg

Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
TS-2.

What is my cat doing in your house?

David Scheidt September 3rd 11 04:46 PM

:
: Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
: TS-2.

:What is my cat doing in your house?

What my cat, my wheel, and stand doing in your house?
http://www.panix.com/~dscheidt/wheelbuildingcat.jpg

--
sig 4

John Dacey September 3rd 11 05:02 PM

Wheelbuilding obstruction

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 00:07:53 -0700 (PDT), Dan O
wrote:

http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg

Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
TS-2.

Where's Carl Fogel when you need him? Then we'd have follow-up photos
of the obstruction being prodded with a stick.

-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Our 28th year
http://businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

T°m Sherm@n September 3rd 11 09:22 PM

On 9/3/2011 10:46 AM, David Scheidt wrote:
Joseph wrote:
:On Sep 2, 9:07 am, Dan wrote:
: http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg
:
: Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
: TS-2.

:What is my cat doing in your house?

What my cat, my wheel, and stand doing in your house?
http://www.panix.com/~dscheidt/wheelbuildingcat.jpg

Kitty will help you keep track of small parts. ;)

CARL FOGEL September 3rd 11 09:22 PM

wrote:

http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg

Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
TS-2.

Where's Carl Fogel when you need him? Then we'd have follow-up photos
of the obstruction being prodded with a stick.

-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Our 28th yearhttp://businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

Dear John,

Sparing no expense, Fogel Labs has obtained an $18 helmet camera
to capture images of obstructions too quick or wary to poke with
sticks:

http://tinyurl.com/3lqj7sb

The sub-$20 camera arrived in about ten days.

Some zip ties and holes drilled through a styrofoam hat hold the
camera
mount in place. Since I ride head-down on the drops, the camera is
tipped
back at an angle suitable for anti-aircraft fire. Some plastic wrap
secured by
rubber bands protects the costly lens:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qmddp5.jpg

I doubt that the weight or wind drag hold me back very much.

To use the camera, you ignore the awful manual, press the power
button
until a little light comes on, press the mode button until the light
begin to blink,
shout "Action!", strap the helmet on, and pedal off.

It records sound, too, and comes with a charger in case you don't want
to tie up
a computer's USB port.

The included 2gb card wasn't quite big enough to capture an hour-long
ride,
so a larger 4gb card was purchased. An $18 16gb card then proved
irresistible,
being the largest that the camera can handle.

***

A typical obstruction, browsing by the side of the road:

http://tinypic.com/r/sw5xcz/7

A flock of scavenging obstructions, frightened by the bicycle going
past on the highway:

http://tinypic.com/r/dgi3hz/7

A pair of frisbee-golf obstructions in a 20 mph zone, one dumber than
a brick:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=iegk76&s=7

A mated pair of obstructions, oblivious to traffic and common sense:

http://tinypic.com/r/2rwlwg1/7

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Joe Riel September 4th 11 02:26 AM

Helmet mounted video

CARL FOGEL writes:

Sparing no expense, Fogel Labs has obtained an $18 helmet camera
to capture images of obstructions too quick or wary to poke with
sticks:

http://tinyurl.com/3lqj7sb

The sub-$20 camera arrived in about ten days.

Some zip ties and holes drilled through a styrofoam hat hold the
camera
mount in place. Since I ride head-down on the drops, the camera is
tipped
back at an angle suitable for anti-aircraft fire. Some plastic wrap
secured by
rubber bands protects the costly lens:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qmddp5.jpg

I doubt that the weight or wind drag hold me back very much.

Nice. The posted video looks clear enough to pick up a
license plate of a passing vehicle. Is that the case?
I didn't see any in the videos.

--
Joe Riel

Michael Press September 4th 11 04:23 AM

Wheelbuilding obstruction

In article
,
Dan O wrote:

http://i53.tinypic.com/11j4zkl.jpg

Nothing more comfortable to sleep on than a half-inch plank and Park
TS-2.

Let's see ...
This is mine, and this is mine, and this is mine,
and---oh yeah, this is mine. Matter of fact this
is _all_ mine.

--
Michael Press