CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   specialized saddles (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=158099)

Bob Magatagan March 18th 07 03:18 PM

specialized saddles

what do you think of the alias saddle? Is it better than the toupe saddle?

--
Bob Magatagan

Zilla March 18th 07 03:32 PM

specialized saddles

Saddles are a personal preference.

Bob Magatagan March 18th 07 04:03 PM

specialized saddles

I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like
that!

[email protected] March 18th 07 06:26 PM

specialized saddles

On Mar 18, 10:03 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like

SNIP Lordy top posting sucks SNIP

The rails are virtually the same for both the Toupe and Alias (same
material, same diameter, slightly different shape). If you haven't had
"strength" issues with one you shouldn't have issues with the other.

Comfort is a personal thing. I actually like both saddles, but I
prefer the Toupe. That said, I would not consider the Toupe for day
to day riding on a mountain bike. The Toupe has no edge protection and
a very thin cover. I use mine for my roads bikes and for endurance
events. For day to day beating around ... I ride an Alias.

Crazy Fred March 18th 07 09:26 PM

specialized saddles

On Mar 18, 11:18 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
what do you think of the alias saddle? Is it better than the toupe saddle?

--
Bob Magatagan

Got to be a match in heaven saddle to butt,butt to saddle.

Scott Gordo March 19th 07 04:15 PM

specialized saddles

On Mar 18, 2:26 pm, wrote:
On Mar 18, 10:03 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:

I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like

SNIP Lordy top posting sucks SNIP

The rails are virtually the same for both the Toupe and Alias (same
material, same diameter, slightly different shape). If you haven't had
"strength" issues with one you shouldn't have issues with the other.

Comfort is a personal thing. I actually like both saddles, but I
prefer the Toupe. That said, I would not consider the Toupe for day
to day riding on a mountain bike. The Toupe has no edge protection and
a very thin cover. I use mine for my roads bikes and for endurance
events. For day to day beating around ... I ride an Alias.

Is the toupe furry, like those cowhide saddes fizik put out a few
years ago?

/s

har de har har