CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Revolutionary bike design (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=85524)

Gwood March 24th 05 01:02 AM

Revolutionary bike design

One of these was for sale on a local newsgroup (and the seller obviously
thinks a great deal of it $$), so I had to take a look.

https://www.healthandbeautydirect.co.../products.html

Zilla March 24th 05 01:21 AM

It has cranks, gears, chain, 2 wheels, seat, stem, and handlebars on a
frame.
Why is this a "revolutionary" bike design?

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

(Pete Cresswell) March 24th 05 01:50 AM

Per Zilla:
It has cranks, gears, chain, 2 wheels, seat, stem, and handlebars on a
frame.
Why is this a "revolutionary" bike design?

I assumed it was humor.
--
PeteCresswell

di March 24th 05 03:22 AM

. ..

"Gwood" wrote in message
One of these was for sale on a local newsgroup (and the seller obviously
thinks a great deal of it $$), so I had to take a look.

https://www.healthandbeautydirect.co.../products.html

It's the lightweight, platinum finish high-ten steel frame that weighs in at
a 33 pound bike, that's quite revolutionary, what ever it is. I saw one of
these autoshift bikes, it had some sort of belt connecting the derailer with
the wheel, never did understand how it works, but if I remember correctly it
didn't very well.

[email protected] March 24th 05 01:07 PM

The rear derailleur has a weight that makes it shift
instead of the 90s model with the weights on the wheel spokes. All for
brain dead or brain less shifting. I'm home from work today and have to
go work on that 3 speed Gazelle.Day off and its snowing so wrench time
before Miller time.

cc March 24th 05 01:27 PM

. ..

"Gwood" wrote in message
One of these was for sale on a local newsgroup (and the seller obviously
thinks a great deal of it $$), so I had to take a look.

It's the alloy kickstand. DUH.

[email protected] March 24th 05 02:39 PM

One of these was for sale on a local newsgroup (and the seller
obviously
thinks a great deal of it $$), so I had to take a look.

Maybe 'revolutionary' means that the welder was imprisoned in the
Beijing student protests.

/s

Will Dearborn March 25th 05 11:13 PM

"Weight: 33 lbs.
Fork: Steel
Seat: Foam"

Of course that is revolutionary. My bike has a foam fork and a steel
seat. Doesn't yours?