CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   21-speed Scorpio Hybrid Road Bike (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=241655)

tb July 22nd 13 11:30 PM

21-speed Scorpio Hybrid Road Bike

I found this used bike for sale on Craigslist.com:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bik/3951954573.html

I have never head of a brand called Scorpio. Who manufactures this
bike? Does the manufacturer have a web site? Are spare parts readily
available in the USA?

I realize that I cannot expect a high-quality bike for $75.00 but I
would like to make sure that, should there be a need to get repairs
done, I can find the spare parts in the U.S. market.

--
tb

John B.[_3_] July 23rd 13 02:04 AM

21-speed Scorpio Hybrid Road Bike

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:30:55 +0000 (UTC), "tb"
wrote:

I found this used bike for sale on Craigslist.com:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bik/3951954573.html

I have never head of a brand called Scorpio. Who manufactures this
bike? Does the manufacturer have a web site? Are spare parts readily
available in the USA?

I realize that I cannot expect a high-quality bike for $75.00 but I
would like to make sure that, should there be a need to get repairs
done, I can find the spare parts in the U.S. market.

From the photo it appears to be a low end road bike. It is a seven
speed rear sprocket which is not impossible to find parts for but is a
bit rare these days.

So, yes, you will be able to find parts for it, but these parts are
likely to be a bit rare.

It might be pointed out that bike makers make only the frame and
forks. All the other bits - wheels, sprockets, cranks, shifters, etc.
are normally sourced from outside builders such as Shimano.
--
Cheers,

John B.