CycleBanter.com

-   -   Lights (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257120)

Simon Jester February 22nd 19 12:53 PM

Lights

As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

Peter Keller[_3_] February 23rd 19 09:20 AM

Lights

On 23/02/2019 01:53, Simon Jester wrote:

As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

Also as a bicyclist.
+1

TMS320 February 23rd 19 10:19 AM

Lights

On 22/02/2019 12:53, Simon Jester wrote:

As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on
unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

As driver and pedestrian I don't mind if bicycles don't have lights when
they are ridden under streetlamps.

Yes, I hate flashing lights too. On the bike I will only have a flashing
light under streetlamps or on unlit roads if I also have a steady light.
The flashing light will be the weaker of the two.

Rob Morley February 24th 19 08:14 PM

Lights

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 04:53:03 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

As a motorist I hate it when cyclists use ONLY flashing lights on
unlit roads. They are easy to spot but difficult to locate.

It's the "easy to spot" that makes the annoyance worthwhile. I
generally use a flasher and a steady light at each end, although two
different flashers at the back is either extra noticeable or extra
annoying - not sure which.