CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong) (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=70239)

David November 29th 04 10:12 PM

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:19:36 +1000, Tamyka Bell wrote:

Mark Leuck wrote:

Won't work because nobody in lab coats will supervise the experiment, gotta
have those lab coats

snip

and crazy white sticking-out hair, and coke-bottle glasses too.

Has to be a double blind test to so gotta have fried egg on each eye too.

Judith Wheat November 30th 04 09:49 PM

An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong)

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On 30 Nov 2004 10:56:07 -0800, (DiscoDuck)
wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

Statistics have shown that 65.34% of statistics are inaccurate.
And 80% of people consider themselves to be above average.

Edward Dolan December 1st 04 07:33 AM

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...
(DiscoDuck) wrote in message
. com...

Today I rode my bike without a helmet. I am fine.
The only real risk was that posed by the Police.

I will post here EVERYDAY until I prove law proponants point (which be
defination means I will be unable to post here since I would be either
a) dead, or b) suffer a serious head injury).

I suggest everyone else do the same.

I suggest you go **** yourself you stupid asshole.

Just exactly where are you riding your bike. I will make it a point to
bounce you off my vehicle and we will see if your cranium is thick enough to
protect you from the impact of my vehicle on your stupid head.

The main thing though is try not to think. You are not capable of it.
Instead, just pedal your damn bike and do not post any more messages here to
this board as you are making a complete ass of yourself.

--
****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

DiscoDuck December 3rd 04 02:45 AM

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message ...
I suggest everyone else do the same.

I suggest you go **** yourself you stupid asshole.

Just exactly where are you riding your bike. I will make it a point to
bounce you off my vehicle and we will see if your cranium is thick enough to
protect you from the impact of my vehicle on your stupid head.

NOw who is threatening who? I'm in Victoria, BC. Bring it on, goof.
As a matter of fact, make the trip and lets discuss it. I betcha you
won't because you're too chicken, and you're soo frustrated by you
disfunctional pee-wee.

The main thing though is try not to think. You are not capable of it.

THis coming from someone who said he doesn't need to form opinions as
subjects since the politicians (whom he calls expertrs in every
field). LOL.

Instead, just pedal your damn bike and do not post any more messages here to
this board as you are making a complete ass of yourself.

Stop me, Eddy-boy. Come on I DARE YOU!!!!!

Edward Dolan December 3rd 04 03:20 AM

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
I suggest everyone else do the same.

I suggest you go **** yourself you stupid asshole.

Just exactly where are you riding your bike. I will make it a point to
bounce you off my vehicle and we will see if your cranium is thick enough
protect you from the impact of my vehicle on your stupid head.

NOw who is threatening who? I'm in Victoria, BC. Bring it on, goof.
As a matter of fact, make the trip and lets discuss it. I betcha you
won't because you're too chicken, and you're soo frustrated by you
disfunctional pee-wee.

It is just a matter of time until some local slob there in BC hits you with
his vehicle. As for me making a trip anywhere, that is out of the question.
My traveling days are over. My bladder won't permit it and neither will
various other body parts. And so it goes.

The funniest people in the world are those who think they are going to live
forever in good health because they imagine they are doing something that is
healthy. What a laugh that is. We are all of us going to fail and die right
on schedule regardless of what measures we take for the sake of our health.
I do think one will feel better if one gets some physical activity, but that
is about all that physical activity will do for you. Even as you sit there
reading these words of mine, every cell in your body is aging ... aging ...
aging. Kind of like rust working away on steel.

The main thing though is try not to think. You are not capable of it.

THis coming from someone who said he doesn't need to form opinions as
subjects since the politicians (whom he calls expertrs in every
field). LOL.

Instead, just pedal your damn bike and do not post any more messages here
this board as you are making a complete ass of yourself.

Stop me, Eddy-boy. Come on I DARE YOU!!!!!

My God! It rains every day of the year there in Victoria. You are living in
a rain forest, temperate version. I prefer the deserts of the Southwest.
Death Valley suits me much better than soggy old Victoria. That is probably
why you quack like a duck all the time.

JRKRideau December 3rd 04 05:55 PM

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

Statistics have shown that 65.34% of statistics are inaccurate.
And 80% of people consider themselves to be above average.

This last is perfectly possible if you define the average as the
arithemetic mean (that is, add up all the numbers and divide by the
number of people) :)

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

BTW always read papers with a calculator at hand.

Gordon Mulcaster December 4th 04 06:20 PM

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

Statistics have shown that 65.34% of statistics are inaccurate.
And 80% of people consider themselves to be above average.

This last is perfectly possible if you define the average as the
arithemetic mean (that is, add up all the numbers and divide by the
number of people) :)

Ummm, no. If you use the arithmatic mean 50% of the people will be above
the mean and 50% below the mean, that's what the mean means. A majority
can be above average no problem. See example:

2, 7, 9 , average = 6, 66.7% of the numbers are above average.

David Martin December 4th 04 06:34 PM

On 4/12/04 6:20 pm, in article
, "Gordon Mulcaster"
wrote:

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

Statistics have shown that 65.34% of statistics are inaccurate.
And 80% of people consider themselves to be above average.

This last is perfectly possible if you define the average as the
arithemetic mean (that is, add up all the numbers and divide by the
number of people) :)

Ummm, no.

surely you mean 'Umm, yes' as you demonstrate.
If you use the arithmatic mean 50% of the people will be above
the mean and 50% below the mean, that's what the mean means.

That is the median, not the mean. Go back to maths 101.

A majority
can be above average no problem. See example:

2, 7, 9 , average = 6, 66.7% of the numbers are above average.

mean = sum of values divided by number of values
median = the middle value.
mode = the most observed value.

...d

DiscoDuck December 4th 04 09:01 PM

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message ...
It is just a matter of time until some local slob there in BC hits you with
his vehicle.

Wrong again, Eddy boy. I'm still here. OVer thirty years later and I
am still here. You not any morotist is gonna stop me. Statistics (no
matter which one you believe) prove that.

Empty threats, yet again. Chicken ****.

The funniest people in the world are those who think they are going to live
forever in good health because they imagine they are doing something that is
healthy. What a laugh that is. We are all of us going to fail and die right
on schedule regardless of what measures we take for the sake of our health.

Crackpot

Gordon Mulcaster December 4th 04 11:14 PM

In article ,
David Martin wrote:

That is the median, not the mean. Go back to maths 101.

You're quite right. Man what time does to the memory cells is always
amazing...

Joe Keenan December 5th 04 06:15 AM

Gordon Mulcaster wrote in message ...

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

Statistics have shown that 65.34% of statistics are inaccurate.
And 80% of people consider themselves to be above average.

This last is perfectly possible if you define the average as the
arithemetic mean (that is, add up all the numbers and divide by the
number of people) :)

Ummm, no. If you use the arithmatic mean 50% of the people will be above
the mean and 50% below the mean, that's what the mean means. A majority
can be above average no problem. See example:

2, 7, 9 , average = 6, 66.7% of the numbers are above average.

After reading the debates and "cited numbers" over the past few weeks
in the many debates, a quote by a college professor came to mind:
"Statistics are like bikinis: What they reveal is interesting, but
what they hide may be vital."

Slow Joe Recumbo: Your average cyclist.

P.S. For the politically correct police out there bikinis can be worn
by both sexes.

Edward Dolan December 5th 04 09:24 AM

om...

Another post by DiscoDuck with no content, so ... **** you too!

[email protected] December 6th 04 09:02 PM

=A0

An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong)
Messages 1 - 25 of 50 in topic - view as tree =A0 =A0 =A0 Newer =BB

DiscoDuck =A0 Nov 30, 12:22=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,bc.cycling, nyc.bicycles,uk.rec.cycli=
ng
From: (DiscoDuck)
Date: 30 Nov 2004 00:22:24 -0800
Subject: An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or
not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not then leave a
note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an unfortunate
head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as Robert
Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Do not engage in argument in this thread only. Just report back with
either

a) Rode today without a helmet-still alive and unharmed

b) Today "insert name here" I proved my point that ALL people should
wear a helmet because I was in an accident and sufferred a head inury.
Note, real name, area and hospital must be provided for authenticity
(we wouldn't want lyers posting falsehoods, would we).

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

David Martin =A0 Nov 30, 1:09=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: David Martin
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:09:46 +0000
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

On 30/11/04 8:22 am, in article
, "DiscoDuck"
wrote:

Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or
not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not then leave a
note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an unfortunate
head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as Robert
Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Do not engage in argument in this thread only. Just report back with
either

a) Rode today without a helmet-still alive and unharmed

And just how many person weeks do you think you would need to make a
statistically relevant study?

HI on bicycles are rare events.

One HI in over 25 years regular cycling in all sorts of conditions
(heavy
traffic, sheet ice, time trialling, off road).

..=2Ed

b) Today "insert name here" I proved my point that ALL people should

wear a helmet because I was in an accident and sufferred a head inury.
Note, real name, area and hospital must be provided for authenticity
(we wouldn't want lyers posting falsehoods, would we).

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Peter Clinch =A0 Nov 30, 1:09=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: Peter Clinch
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:09:48 +0000
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

DiscoDuck

wrote:
Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or
not) and report here if you made it back alive.

So far so good, and I even had an accident (a SMIDSY for which the
driver apologised profusely and admitted it was entirely their fault,
and since nobody was hurt and no paint scratched and I think they
learned a small lesson I left it at that).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Medical Physics IT Offi=
cer

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

MSeries =A0 Nov 30, 1:50=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: MSeries
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:50:32 +0000
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

DiscoDuck wrote: Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a
helmet (law or not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not
then leave a note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an
unfortunate head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as
Robert Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Do not engage in argument in this thread only. Just report back with

either

a) Rode today without a helmet-still alive and unharmed

b) Today "insert name here" I proved my point that ALL people should

wear a helmet because I was in an accident and sufferred a head inury.
Note, real name, area and hospital must be provided for authenticity
(we wouldn't want lyers posting falsehoods, would we).
troll

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Tony Raven =A0 Nov 30, 2:05=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: Tony Raven
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:05:31 +0000

MSeries wrote:

DiscoDuck wrote:

Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or

not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not then leave a
note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an unfortunate
head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as Robert
Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Do not engage in argument in this thread only. Just report back

with either

a) Rode today without a helmet-still alive and unharmed

b) Today "insert name here" I proved my point that ALL people

should wear a helmet because I was in an accident and sufferred a
head inury. Note, real name, area and hospital must be provided for
authenticity (we wouldn't want lyers posting falsehoods, would we).

troll

You haven't got the hang of this have you? You are supposed to put
"Troll" at the top and quote the message to which you are "replying"
complete with all the expanded headers ;-)

Tony

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Dave Larrington =A0 Nov 30, 1:56=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Dave Larrington"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:56:03 -0000
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

MSeries wrote:

troll

YA John Doe AICFMP.

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Just zis Guy, you know? =A0 Nov 30, 7:07=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:07:53 +0000
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

On 30 Nov 2004 00:22:24 -0800, (

DiscoDuck)
wrote:
Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or
not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not then leave a
note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an unfortunate
head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as Robert
Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Where do I post the retrospective reports for most of this year?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

DiscoDuck =A0 Nov 30, 10:52=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: (DiscoDuck)
Date: 30 Nov 2004 10:52:54 -0800

MSeries wrote in message

DiscoDuck wrote: Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without

a helmet (law or not) and report here if you made it back alive. If
not then leave a note for a loved one to post here that you
experienced an unfortunate head injury and suffered serious brain
damage (such as Robert Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Do not engage in argument in this thread only. Just report back

with either

a) Rode today without a helmet-still alive and unharmed

b) Today "insert name here" I proved my point that ALL people

should wear a helmet because I was in an accident and sufferred a
head inury. Note, real name, area and hospital must be provided for
authenticity (we wouldn't want lyers posting falsehoods, would we).
troll
So far soo good. "M Series" trolled his bike today without incident.

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

DiscoDuck =A0 Nov 30, 10:56=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: (DiscoDuck)
Date: 30 Nov 2004 10:56:07 -0800
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
. ..

Where do I post the retrospective reports for most of this year?

Guy

I suggest we start from cratch. But another thread wouldn't hurt.

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University
Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Just zis Guy, you know? =A0 Nov 30, 11:34=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:34:20 +0000

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with
statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on the
spot ;-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
CHS, Puget Sound

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Edward Dolan =A0 Nov 30, 12:16=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Edward Dolan"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:16:44 -0600
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...

Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or
not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not then leave a
note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an unfortunate
head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as Robert
Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Edward Dolan can only be found at ARBR. I do not post ever to multiple
groups (except in instances like this) as I consider all other groups
infinitely beneath me. For the wit and wisdom of Edward Dolan, you must

resort to ARBR. There is no other way you can access my genius.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Mike Causer =A0 Nov 30, 12:56=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: Mike Causer
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:56:14 GMT
Subject: What I learned today

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:16:44 -0600, Edward Dolan wrote:

Edward Dolan can only be found at ARBR. I do not post ever to

multiple
groups (except in instances like this) as I consider all other groups

infinitely beneath me. For the wit and wisdom of Edward Dolan, you

must
resort to ARBR. There is no other way you can access my genius.

Today I learned that when killfiling it is not enough to do it for the
groups the troll normally posts in -- it must be done for *all* groups
because you just don't know where it might emerge from its ditch.
sigh

Mike

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Just zis Guy, you know? =A0 Nov 30, 1:01=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Just zis Guy, you know?"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:01:22 +0000

wrote:

For the wit and wisdom of Edward Dolan, you must...

use a scanning electron microscope and a good deal of imagination.

Guy-- May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after
posting.http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk88% of helmet statistics are
made up, 65% of them atCHS, Puget Sound

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Edward Dolan =A0 Nov 30, 1:58=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
From: "Edward Dolan"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:58:03 -0600

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
news:pan.2004.11.30.20.55.55.994729@firstnamelastn ame.com.invalid...

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:16:44 -0600, Edward Dolan wrote:

Edward Dolan can only be found at ARBR. I do not post ever to

multiple
groups (except in instances like this) as I consider all other

groups
infinitely beneath me. For the wit and wisdom of Edward Dolan, you

must
resort to ARBR. There is no other way you can access my genius.

Today I learned that when killfiling it is not enough to do it for

the
groups the troll normally posts in -- it must be done for *all*

groups
because you just don't know where it might emerge from its ditch.

sigh
These piddling kill filers we have always with us. Why anyone would
want to
read jerks and screwballs like DiscoDuck in preference to the Great Ed
Dolan
is one of the supreme mysteries of life. I think it has to do with the
stupid begin attracted to others who are equally stupid. When these
types
encounter a genius like myself they are blinded by the light and stuck
dumb.
Well, any one who would kill file me will not know what they have
missed,
and that is perhaps just as well so they don't end up ruing the day
because
of their terminal stupidity.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Judith Wheat =A0 Nov 30, 1:49=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,bc.cycling, uk.rec.cycling
From: "Judith Wheat"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:49:11 -0500
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

news

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with

statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on

the
spot ;-)

Statistics have shown that 65.34% of statistics are inaccurate.
And 80% of people consider themselves to be above average.

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Mark Leuck =A0 Nov 30, 4:18=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Mark Leuck"
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:18:57 GMT
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

Won't work because nobody in lab coats will supervise the experiment,
gotta
have those lab coats

"

DiscoDuck" wrote in
oogle.com...
Everybody here, ride thier bike this week without a helmet (law or
not) and report here if you made it back alive. If not then leave a
note for a loved one to post here that you experienced an unfortunate
head injury and suffered serious brain damage (such as Robert
Broughton or Edward Dolan).

Do not engage in argument in this thread only. Just report back with

either

a) Rode today without a helmet-still alive and unharmed

b) Today "insert name here" I proved my point that ALL people should

wear a helmet because I was in an accident and sufferred a head inury.
Note, real name, area and hospital must be provided for authenticity
(we wouldn't want lyers posting falsehoods, would we).

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Jon Senior =A0 Nov 30, 4:47=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: Jon Senior jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 00:47:28 -0000
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

Just zis Guy, you know? opined the following...

wrote:

Another favourite of mine, is "You can do what you want with

statistic-85% of people know that." :)

Well, hell, everyone knows that 94.2% of statistics are made up on

the
spot ;-)

I once told that joke to a group of people, while they were laughing
someone else wandered up and asked what was so funny, so I repeated the

joke, only the number changed. One member of the original group said
"Hang on. Last time it was only xx%". He got more laughs than I did.
[1]

Jon

[1] Sadly though, he was serious.

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Tamyka Bell =A0 Nov 30, 5:19=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: Tamyka Bell
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:19:36 +1000

Mark Leuck wrote:

Won't work because nobody in lab coats will supervise the experiment,

gotta
have those lab coats

snip

and crazy white sticking-out hair, and coke-bottle glasses too.

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

David =A0 Nov 29, 2:12=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
From: David
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:12:18 -0600

Mark Leuck wrote:

Won't work because nobody in lab coats will supervise the

experiment, gotta
have those lab coats

snip

and crazy white sticking-out hair, and coke-bottle glasses too.

Has to be a double blind test to so gotta have fried egg on each eye
too.

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

DiscoDuck =A0 Nov 30, 10:56=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: (DiscoDuck)
Date: 30 Nov 2004 22:56:53 -0800

(DiscoDuck) wrote in message
. com...

Today I rode my bike without a helmet. I am fine.
The only real risk was that posed by the Police.

I will post here EVERYDAY until I prove law proponants point (which be
defination means I will be unable to post here since I would be either
a) dead, or b) suffer a serious head injury).

I suggest everyone else do the same.

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Edward Dolan =A0 Nov 30, 11:33=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
From: "Edward Dolan"
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:33:34 -0600
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...

(DiscoDuck) wrote in message

[...]

David Martin =A0 Dec 1, 3:17=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: David Martin
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:17:05 +0000
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

On 30/11/04 8:56 pm, in article
om.invalid, "Mike
Causer"
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:16:44 -0600, Edward Dolan wrote:

Edward Dolan can only be found at ARBR. I do not post ever to

multiple
groups (except in instances like this) as I consider all other

groups
infinitely beneath me. For the wit and wisdom of Edward Dolan, you

must
resort to ARBR. There is no other way you can access my genius.

Today I learned that when killfiling it is not enough to do it for

the
groups the troll normally posts in -- it must be done for *all*

groups
because you just don't know where it might emerge from its ditch.

sigh
http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/~dmamartin/helmet.jpg

..=2Ed

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Dave Larrington =A0 Dec 1, 3:46=A0am =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups:
From: "Dave Larrington"
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:46:00 -0000

David Martin wrote:

http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/~dmamartin/helmet.jpg

Cloff!

)

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Edward Dolan =A0 Dec 2, 7:20=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
From: "Edward Dolan"
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:20:36 -0600
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...

[...]

..=2E.
aging. Kind of like rust working away on steel.

The main thing though is try not to think. You are not capable of

it.

THis coming from someone who said he doesn't need to form opinions as
subjects since the politicians (whom he calls expertrs in every
field). LOL.

Instead, just pedal your damn bike and do not post any more messages

here

this board as you are making a complete ass of yourself.

Stop me, Eddy-boy. =A0Come on I DARE YOU!!!!!

My God! It rains every day of the year there in Victoria. You are
living in
a rain forest, temperate version. I prefer the deserts of the
Southwest.
Death Valley suits me much better than soggy old Victoria. That is
probably
why you quack like a duck all the time.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

DiscoDuck =A0 Dec 2, 6:45=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options
Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
From: (DiscoDuck)
Date: 2 Dec 2004 18:45:33 -0800
wrong)
Reply| Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
original| Report Abuse

"

Edward Dolan" wrote in message
I suggest everyone else do the same.

I suggest you go **** yourself you stupid asshole.

Just exactly where are you riding your bike. I will make it a point

bounce you off my vehicle and we will see if your cranium is thick

enough to
protect you from the impact of my vehicle on your stupid head.

NOw who is threatening who? I'm in Victoria, BC. Bring it on, goof.
As a matter of fact, make the trip and lets discuss it. I betcha you
won't because you're too chicken, and you're soo frustrated by you
disfunctional pee-wee
..

The main thing though is try not to think. You are not capable of it.

THis coming from someone who said he doesn't need to form opinions as
subjects since the politicians (whom he calls expertrs in every
field). LOL.
Instead, just pedal your damn bike and do not post any more messages

here to
this board as you are making a complete ass of yourself.

Stop me, Eddy-boy. Come on I DARE YOU

!!!!!

Reply Details:Show quoted text | View source | Unwrap Lines | Forward
CancelPreview=A0=A0 Post =A0

Messages 1 - 25 of 50 =A0 =A0 =A0 Newer =BB =A0
watch this topic
=AB Newer =A0-=A0 Cross posting necessary? =A0 Can Riding a Recumbent Caus=
e a
Hernia? =A0-=A0 Older =BB
=A0Topic:=A0An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or
wrong) - go to top

=A0Search Groups
Google Home - Google Labs - Services & Tools - Terms of Service -
Privacy Policy - Jobs, Press, & Help

=A9 2004 Google

So?

Edward Dolan December 10th 04 03:02 AM

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey Dolan,
Plenty of content now, and before. You're just too thick to "get it."

Hey Disco,

I never post to any other group than ARBR. Those who post to multiple groups
like you do are without exception idiots.

[email protected] December 10th 04 03:24 AM

Edward Dolan wrote:
"DiscoDuck" wrote in message

Hey Disco,

I never post to any other group than ARBR. Those who post to multiple

groups
like you do are without exception idiots.

Just replying to your notes there Eddy boy-lover.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great-Masturbator

Edward Dolan December 10th 04 03:36 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Nope, STILL no content, so - **** you too!

[email protected] December 10th 04 05:22 AM

Edward Dolan wrote:
Nope, STILL

Yup. see.

As Daffy duck would say, "What a Maroon."

Edward Dolan December 10th 04 09:08 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...

As Ed Dolan would say, "What a ****ing idiot!"

Tom Sherman December 10th 04 12:40 PM

wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:

Nope, STILL

Yup. see.

As Daffy duck would say, "What a Maroon."

I believe that it is Bugs Bunny that says "What a Maroon", you Maroon! ;)

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

Just zis Guy, you know? December 10th 04 10:57 PM

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:02:19 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

Those who post to multiple groups
like you do are without exception idiots.

You do remember the last time you were picked up doing exactly that,
don't you, idiot?

Just zis Guy, you know? December 10th 04 10:58 PM

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:08:09 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

As Ed Dolan would say, "What a ****ing idiot!"

You're just jealous because you're not getting any these days.

[email protected] December 12th 04 06:31 PM

Yes, I do a lot of ****ing. Something with which you are not familiar.
--
****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great idiot - Minnesota

Edward Dolan December 12th 04 10:14 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

As Ed Dolan would say, "What a ****ing idiot!"

Yes, I do a lot of ****ing. Something with which you are not familiar.

Whatever happened to the DiscoDuck monitor? Can't even settle on something
so simple as a handle? Instead of ****ing yourself blind and dumb, why don'
t you just put a bullet through your thick skull and end your misery - and
ours too!

Since you openly admit to being a fornicator, you should get together with
Slugger, also of this newsgroup, as he admits to being a fornicator too. You
would both have a lot in common and maybe you could do your favorite
pastimes together and have lots of ****ing fun. I think he is also a fellow
Canadian, but from Ontario instead of BC. The question arises at this
point - are all Canadians gratuitous fornicators?

Just zis Guy, you know? December 12th 04 10:42 PM

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:14:50 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

Whatever happened to the DiscoDuck monitor?

I thought /you/ were the DiscoDuck monitor. Or is it the bull****
prefect? I never can remember.

Edward Dolan December 12th 04 10:50 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

As Ed Dolan would say, "What a ****ing idiot!"

Yes, I do a lot of ****ing. Something with which you are not familiar.

Maybe you would be so kind as to explain to this group what this "****ing"
business is all about. I myself am a saint and a holy man and I only use the
expression because everyone else apparently knows what is meant by it and it
is all negative and insulting - so that is why I use the word as much as I
do. But I would really like to know what is the attraction of it. Please
explain why you do it in infinite detail and do not spare us any of the
vulgarities. Even though I am a saint, I am used to slobs and vulgar types
like you. Also, why don't you use your real name since you are so proud of
what it is that you do in this realm of "****ing." We all want to give
credit where credit is due.

Women of course know what sex (and ****ing) is for. It is for the creation
of new life and that is all it is for. What do you think it is for? We
gentlemen of ARBR would like to know what a ****ing Canadian from Victoria
thinks. Maybe I have missed something along the way. Like I said, do not
spare us any of the details. We want to know exactly what you see in ****ing
and what it does for you.

--
****ing Regards,

Saint Edward - Order of the Perpetual Miseries - Minnesota

Edward Dolan December 12th 04 11:03 PM

wrote in message :

Whatever happened to the DiscoDuck monitor?

I thought /you/ were the DiscoDuck monitor. Or is it the bull****
prefect? I never can remember.

That should be "moniker" of course.

I use characters like DiscoDuck to take off on my own tangents. He
facilitates my rants. As you well know by now, I can take off on any subject
under the sun and say the most outrageous things. That is my mission here on
ARBR (to wake up all the sleepy heads) now that I have gotten rid of all the
liberal postings which formerly infested this newsgroup like a plague of
locusts.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] December 13th 04 12:27 AM

INteresting, you refer to getting rid of the liberal postings, when
infact your viewson helmets is a liberal one.

Edward Dolan December 13th 04 12:29 AM

wrote in message :

Those who post to multiple groups
like you do are without exception idiots.

You do remember the last time you were picked up doing exactly that,
don't you, idiot?

The only times I ever post to multiple newsgroups is when I have not noted
the newsgroups field. That happens occasionally when I am so ****ed off at
the likes of you that I neglect this most elementary of precautions.
However, I do note that you post to multiple newsgroups all the time, so of
course it goes without saying that you are the idiot, not me. But even
though it goes without saying, I nevertheless delight in saying it. So here
it is yet once again ... you are the idiot and not me!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] December 13th 04 12:30 AM

Edward Dolan wrote:

Maybe you would be so kind as to explain to this group what this

"****ing"
business is all about.

IT refers to sexual intercourse but of course would be unaware of that.
Did your Mom severe your penis when you were young (it would explain
alot)?

--
****ing Regards,

Saint Edward - Order of the pediphile Miseries - Minnesota

Edward Dolan December 13th 04 02:20 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Maybe you would be so kind as to explain to this group what this

"****ing"
business is all about.

IT refers to sexual intercourse but of course would be unaware of that.
Did your Mom severe your penis when you were young (it would explain
alot)?

That should be sever, not severe. Also, alot is two separate words ... a
lot. There should also be a you in front of would. Try to get it right, why
don't you? Why should I have to decipher **** like yours since there is
NEVER any content to your miserable posts?

So then, every time you are engaged in ****ing you are engaged in trying to
create new life on this planet? If so, that is OK. However, if you are into
****ing for any other reason, then that is not OK - and that is what I call
fornication. Legitimate sex is one thing, fornication is quite another.

But speaking of severing penises, I wonder if circumcision is really that
good of an idea. Frankly, I think mother nature has had several hundreds of
millions of years to figure this out and I do not think a bunch of god damn
idiot doctors can improve on mother nature. I realize circumcision is done
primarily for reasons of sexual health, but if you do not go poking your
penises into places where they do not belong, I do not see what the problem
is. Maybe DiscoDuck could enlighten me on this instead of constantly posting
NO CONTENT messages which only embarrass him and try the patience of the
rest of us.

Edward Dolan December 13th 04 02:30 AM

All top posters are idiots!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Interesting, you refer to getting rid of the liberal postings, when
in fact your view on helmets is a liberal one.

No man is ever all one thing. For instance, I think you are a total idiot,
yet I believe you may have been known to say perhaps one or two intelligent
things on this newsgroup. The liberal postings that I am referring to are
political liberal postings, not postings having to do with anything else.

If you would read ALL of my postings to this newsgroup you would know that I
am quite liberal on many social issues. But I am a bear on foreign affairs
issues. Please try to get up to speed, why don't you?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Just zis Guy, you know? December 13th 04 02:33 PM

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:29:35 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Those who post to multiple groups
like you do are without exception idiots.

You do remember the last time you were picked up doing exactly that,
don't you, idiot?

The only times I ever post to multiple newsgroups is when I have not noted
the newsgroups field.

See above: "without exception".

Idiot.

[email protected] December 13th 04 09:43 PM

Edward Dolan wrote:
That should be sever, not severe. Also, alot is two separate words

.... a
lot. There should also be a you in front of would. Try to get it

right, why
don't you? Why should I have to decipher **** like yours since there

is
NEVER any content to your miserable posts?

Lots of content, which is why you read them. You are learning and I am
happy to teach you.

But speaking of severing penises, I wonder if circumcision is really

that
good of an idea. Frankly, I think mother nature has had several

hundreds of
millions of years to figure this out and I do not think a bunch of

god damn
idiot doctors can improve on mother nature. I realize circumcision is

done
primarily for reasons of sexual health, but if you do not go poking

your
penises into places where they do not belong, I do not see what the

problem
is. Maybe DiscoDuck could enlighten me on this instead of constantly

posting
NO CONTENT messages which only embarrass him and try the patience of

the
rest of us.

I am pleased my posts cause you irritation. That is part of hte point.
THE other point is to amuse myself, which your responses do.

As for sticking a penis where it doesn't belong, you would know since
many many people stick thier penis in your ass and mouth. But of
course, in your case, those penis's Do belong since you invite such.

[email protected] December 13th 04 10:03 PM

Edward Dolan wrote:
No man is ever all one thing. For instance, I think you are a total

idiot,
yet I believe you may have been known to say perhaps one or two

intelligent
things on this newsgroup.

Therefore onor two more, than you.

If you would read ALL of my postings to this newsgroup you would know

that I
am quite liberal on many social issues. But I am a bear on foreign

affairs
issues. Please try to get up to speed, why don't you?

Not interested in your other views. I am only interested in arguring
with you, here and expose you for the idiot you are.

Tom Sherman December 13th 04 11:22 PM

Not interested in your other views. I am only interested in arguring
with you [Edward Dolan], here and expose you for the idiot you are.

Been there, done that, annoyed some bystanders in the process. No need
to repeat.

[email protected] December 14th 04 02:03 AM

Nope, it's Daffy.

Edward Dolan December 14th 04 08:22 AM

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Not interested in your other views. I am only interested in arguring
with you [Edward Dolan], here and expose you for the idiot you are.

Been there, done that, annoyed some bystanders in the process. No need to
repeat.

The only argument liberals ever like to entertain are those among themselves
about crossing t's and dotting i's. But I come at them from a totally
different direction. It disorients them and they flail about like helpless
children before my onslaught. They have never before encountered anyone who
will argue, for instance, that war can be a good thing and that it can
settle an issue permanently and that if and when the world is rid of Muslims
it will be a much better place. And so it goes. Just one great thought after
another. That is why I sign myself Ed Dolan the Great.

But at least Mr. Sherman halfway meets an argument that he is unfamiliar
with, unlike DiscoDuck who is a liberal coward and will not meet an
argument. Mr. Sherman I only disagree with; DiscoDuck merits my contempt -
and he has it in spades. But it gets tiresome calling him a ****ing idiot
all the time. He knows what he is and I know what he is and so does the rest
of the membership of ARBR. Hey, if it walks like a duck and it talks like a
duck, then it must be DiscoDuck!

Edward Dolan December 14th 04 08:25 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
No man is ever all one thing. For instance, I think you are a total

idiot,
yet I believe you may have been known to say perhaps one or two

intelligent
things on this newsgroup.

Therefore onor two more, than you.

If you would read ALL of my postings to this newsgroup you would know

that I
am quite liberal on many social issues. But I am a bear on foreign

affairs
issues. Please try to get up to speed, why don't you?

Not interested in your other views. I am only interested in arguring
with you, here and expose you for the idiot you are.

Quack, quack to you too Disco Duck!

Edward Dolan December 14th 04 09:05 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
That should be sever, not severe. Also, alot is two separate words

... a
lot. There should also be a you in front of would. Try to get it

right, why
don't you? Why should I have to decipher **** like yours since there

is
NEVER any content to your miserable posts?

Lots of content, which is why you read them. You are learning and I am
happy to teach you.

Nope, I am only correcting all your mistakes so that others on this group
can clearly see what an idiot you are. The following paragraph on
circumcision was new content added by me. But all you can pick up on is the
penis thing. That is because that is all you have on your pitiful small
brain which is located in your testicles next to your penis.

Did you mention previously that you had a Master's degree? I would be
extremely interested to know what subject it was in. I dare you to tell me!
However, I may at this point be getting you confused with another idiot from
BC. It would help if everyone would use their real names instead of these
confounded monikers which I do not pay much attention to as I consider them
childish.

[...]

I am laughing all the time I am showing the rest of the group what an idiot
you are. Because you are an idiot, there is no way you could ever GET to me.
Only an intelligent person can get to me. I need never worry about you on
that score.

As for sticking a penis where it doesn't belong, you would know since
many many people stick thier penis in your ass and mouth. But of
course, in your case, those penis's Do belong since you invite such.

You are the admitted fornicator. Not pleasant to be called out for what you
are is it? I am still waiting for a detailed report from you on your
admitted favorite pastime. The group is also waiting to hear from an expert
such as yourself. What are you waiting for? Cat got your tongue?

I have also noted from your above paragraph that you seem to have a
prejudice against homos. How can that possibly be from a liberal piece of
**** like yourself. You want to watch it or you will be drummed out of the
liberal fraternity. Don't you know you are suppose to love and respect homos
as being just as good as normal folks. Instead I pick up some very bad vibes
from you about asses and mouths and penises. I must admit I am very
disappointed in you. I thought you were a liberal. Instead I am finding out
that you do not respect homos. You seem to know so much about asses and
mouths and penises that maybe you are a homo yourself?

[email protected] December 14th 04 06:39 PM

Edward Dolan wrote:
Nope, I am only correcting all your mistakes so that others on this

group
can clearly see what an idiot you are.

Nope, you love me and the manner I teach you. That is why you can't
HELP but read and respond to my posts. You are welcome.

Did you mention previously that you had a Master's degree? I would be

extremely interested to know what subject it was in. I dare you to

tell me!

Correct, I do hold one. YOU do not have even high school.

However, I may at this point be getting you confused with another

idiot from
BC. It would help if everyone would use their real names instead of

these
confounded monikers which I do not pay much attention to as I

consider them
childish.

When you prove who you are, and that Edward Dolan is your real name,
then perhaps I will do the same. But for now, feaks like you are the
reason I do not use my real name. People like you, are like the
unabomber. Control freal is what you are, what you will always be.
You can't help it. You are beyond repair. That is why your mother
doesn't speak with you.

I am laughing all the time I am showing the rest of the group what an

idiot
you are. Because you are an idiot, there is no way you could ever GET

to me.
Only an intelligent person can get to me. I need never worry about

you on
that score.

Get to you? That would imply I would want to. I have no interest in
"getting" to you.

You are the admitted fornicator.

I wear that title, PROUDLY! Thank you.

Not pleasant to be called out for what you
are is it? I am still waiting for a detailed report from you on your
admitted favorite pastime. The group is also waiting to hear from an

expert
such as yourself. What are you waiting for? Cat got your tongue?

Those who know, need no explanation. Those who do not, no explanation
will suffice.

I have also noted from your above paragraph that you seem to have a
prejudice against homos.

Not in the slightest. Unlike you I think everyone should have the
right to do what they like so long as they are not hurting anyone.
Having said that, a homosexual hit on me the other day. Made me sick
as I am not attracted to males at all. Homosexual activity is
disgusting to me, the way heterosexual activity is disgusting to
homo's. BUT UNLIKE YOU I believe in freedom of choice and tolerence.
To each thier own.

How can that possibly be from a liberal piece of
**** like yourself. You want to watch it or you will be drummed out

of the
liberal fraternity. Don't you know you are suppose to love and

respect homos
as being just as good as normal folks.

Yes they are, but i for one do not like nor engage in such activity.
YOU DO, and jack off thinking of such things.

Instead I pick up some very bad vibes
from you about asses and mouths and penises. I must admit I am very
disappointed in you. I thought you were a liberal. Instead I am

finding out
that you do not respect homos. You seem to know so much about asses

and
mouths and penises that maybe you are a homo yourself?

See above.