CycleBanter.com

-   -   i am back (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=236619)

Old Bloke May 16th 12 05:06 AM

i am back

On May 16, 1:48*pm, WayPoint wrote:
On 16/05/2012 1:43 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

On May 16, 1:26 pm, *wrote:
Oh come on guys, this isn't OB... *this is atec77 from Ozmoto.

He's the lame comical troll that comes here when he thinks our newsgroup is
bothering his.

--
Dallas

stop making them feel stupid "Dallas" if that really is your name
you know we all know your a smart ass. *no reason why you should go
making people even more hate you

I am the real Old Bloke * * the other one was atec77 having a
homosexual fantasy with walt.

Old Bloke

OK Old Bloke - here's a small challenge for you. You don't mind do you??

You have my un-conditional permission to name (in this news group) my
son's first name.

The real "The Old Bloke" would know this & would be honourable enough to
answer.

BTW - I have no problem phoneing the real "The Old Bloke" to clarify
your identity.

--

* * * * * * * * /\
* * * * ^V^ * _/__\_

thats easy bruse you named him Sally other people thought your
quear do that but anyone as crap at flight-sims as you are deserves a
bit of extra leeway lovey.

Old Bloke

WayPoint May 16th 12 05:10 AM

i am back

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:
On May 16, 1:48 pm, wrote:
On 16/05/2012 1:43 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

BTW - I have no problem phoneing the real "The Old Bloke" to clarify
your identity.

--

/\
^V^ _/__\_

```
\ /
--/
Bruce

thats easy bruse you named him Sally other people thought your
quear do that but anyone as crap at flight-sims as you are deserves a
bit of extra leeway lovey.

Old Bloke

Sterile kunt.

Good work on busting this prick, Dallas. :-)

Old Bloke May 16th 12 05:32 AM

i am back

On May 16, 1:48 pm, *wrote:
On 16/05/2012 1:43 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

BTW - I have no problem phoneing the real "The Old Bloke" to clarify
your identity.

--

* * * * * * * * */\
* * * * *^V^ * _/__\_
Bruce

thats easy bruse * you named him Sally * *other people thought your
quear do that but anyone as crap at flight-sims as you are deserves a
bit of extra leeway lovey.

Old Bloke

Sterile kunt.

Good work on busting this prick, Dallas. * :-)

dear dallas thanks for being smarter me and pointing it out to me on
usenet that so everyone can see what a looser i am
love Waypoint; sterile knob

The real Old Bloke

Peter Keller[_3_] May 17th 12 09:00 AM

i am back

On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:14:08 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

WayPoint considered Wed, 16 May 2012
14:10:47 +1000 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

Some boring and irrelevant junk from the pair of them.

Ain't killfiles a wonderful thing!

I don't know. I don't use them.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.

Judith[_4_] May 17th 12 09:10 AM

i am back

On Thu, 17 May 2012 08:00:51 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:14:08 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

WayPoint considered Wed, 16 May 2012
14:10:47 +1000 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

Some boring and irrelevant junk from the pair of them.

Ain't killfiles a wonderful thing!

I don't know. I don't use them.

Neither does numb-nuts

--
You are Peter Keller MB ChB FANZCA - a silly old sod in his late sixties in New Zealand, and ICMFP
A credit to the Medical Profession - ffs

Simon Mason[_4_] May 17th 12 02:36 PM

i am back

On May 16, 11:14*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
WayPoint considered Wed, 16 May 2012
14:10:47 +1000 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

Some boring and irrelevant junk from the pair of them.

Ain't killfiles a wonderful thing!

They certainly are although like cat litter they need a good clearout
now and again.

--
Simon Mason

Judith[_4_] May 17th 12 02:58 PM

i am back

On Thu, 17 May 2012 06:36:04 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On May 16, 11:14*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
WayPoint considered Wed, 16 May 2012
14:10:47 +1000 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

Some boring and irrelevant junk from the pair of them.

Ain't killfiles a wonderful thing!

They certainly are although like cat litter they need a good clearout
now and again.

I understand that you wrote your own for Google groups.

I wonder what computer language you wrote it in and how you learnt that
language?

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own

Simon Mason[_4_] May 17th 12 03:00 PM

i am back

On May 17, 9:00*am, Peter Keller wrote:
On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:14:08 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:
WayPoint considered Wed, 16 May 2012
14:10:47 +1000 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

Some boring and irrelevant junk from the pair of them.

Ain't killfiles a wonderful thing!

Good job, Peter otherwise you would not wind them up as much as you
are doing.

--
Simon Mason

M Wicks May 17th 12 05:06 PM

i am back

On May 17, 3:00*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 17, 9:00*am, Peter Keller wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:14:08 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:
WayPoint considered Wed, 16 May 2012
14:10:47 +1000 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2012 2:06 PM, Old Bloke wrote:

Some boring and irrelevant junk from the pair of them.

Ain't killfiles a wonderful thing!

Good job, Peter otherwise you would not wind them up as much as you
are doing.

So why do you tell me not to 'feed the trolls'? Especially when you
keep deliberately winding them up with your subject changes.
Consistency and coordination is needed if we are to take this group
back. Judith's continued attacks on you are disgusting, and I hope
that the police will deal with that harassment soon, but it must be
said that you are encouraging more than discouraging her. We have to
start being smarter, more careful and more self-disciplined if we are
to fend off these no-life idiots. While it is tempting to try to
derail the trolls' threads and to laugh at them, I believe that this
gives us short-term satisfaction at the expense of the long-term
stability of uk.rec.cycling. Unfortunately fighting fire with fire has
been proven not to work.

So we need to acknowledge that a change of approach is needed. We know
that we are right about all these issues and that the trolls are
wrong. So instead of stooping to their level and 'getting them back'
and trying to punish them for being such a pain, I think it is best to
drop the 'killfile, disrupt and snipe' approach in favour of fully
addressing the 'points' they make, dismantling them, and showing how
they are incorrect. They are so argumentative that they will not be
able to resist defending their preposterous 'arguments', and once they
try to do that, we can beat them with well-reasoned logic, because we
are right and they are wrong. We just need to stay calm, not rise to
the bait, and show exactly how they are wrong by reasoning the issues
out, each and every time. Eventually the trolls will get bored of
being beaten and will go and pick on a less robust group (or even do
something constructive for a change).

In any case, Simon, you may disagree with the above, but I think you
need to acknowledge that your way of dealing with the trolls is not
the only valid one. For a long time, you engaged with them, and did so
very well. Why have you now changed your approach? And can you
honestly say it's working? Have any of the trolls drifted away since
you started changing subjects and killfiling them? I do think that
refusing to reply to these people gives them a bit of an open goal, in
that they can claim that you are doing that because you know you have
lost the argument. We know that isn't true of course, but to some it
may seem to be.

Anyway, I will continue replying to the trolls when I see fit, and
pointing out the many flaws in their assertions. If you do not want to
do that then that is up to you, but I think it is a bit arrogant for
you to simply assume that your current approach is the best way of
dealing with the trolls, and to 'instruct' me in a fairly abrupt way
to follow suit. I will not. Dealing with such determined trolls is
pretty difficult, and no one approach has been shown to be best in my
opinion. But if anything, it has been shown that proclaiming that you
don't read the trolls' posts, changing subject lines in their threads,
and even making unprovoked attacks on them sometimes has failed to
accomplish anything useful. So I would like it if we could all make a
concerted effort to challenge these lunatics' unfounded assertions on
the grounds of reason, every time they are made, and simply keep on
going and give them nowhere to run. In the end, I am convinced that
this will work if we all pull together and keep at it. The trolls will
not be able to stand it.