CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How to tell if frame is bent? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1554)

Chris Hansen February 2nd 04 02:56 AM

How to tell if frame is bent?

Hello,

How can I tell if my frame is bent? It's kind of tricky lining up the
rear wheel. Is it hard to fix?

Thanks.

Zoot Katz February 2nd 04 07:17 AM

How to tell if frame is bent?

1 Feb 2004 18:56:28 -0800,
,
(Chris Hansen) wrote:

Hello,

How can I tell if my frame is bent? It's kind of tricky lining up the
rear wheel. Is it hard to fix?

Ride it no hands. If it pulls to one side or the other, rule out all
the other possibilities. It may require special tools.

Barnett's lawyers have been getting snotty about copyright.

http://www.bcltechnologies.com/docum...les/sample.pdf

This is Barnett's Manual Chapter 08 - Frame Alignment.
--
zk

Just zis Guy, you know? February 2nd 04 08:49 PM

How to tell if frame is bent?

On 1 Feb 2004 18:56:28 -0800, (Chris Hansen)
wrote:

How can I tell if my frame is bent?

It looks like this:
url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Bike_Optima_Stinger

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Harris February 3rd 04 06:54 PM

How to tell if frame is bent?

Chris Hansen wrote:

How can I tell if my frame is bent? It's kind of tricky lining up the
rear wheel. Is it hard to fix?

See:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

Scroll down to "The String Method."

Re-aligning a steel frame is not too hard.

Art Harris