CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Huffy leaves bankruptcy (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=109777)

Garrison Hilliard October 14th 05 09:08 PM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

MIAMISBURG, Ohio – Huffy Corp. announced today it has emerged from bankruptcy
after receiving $50 million in loans from two financing corporations.

The 117-year-old bicycle and sporting goods company filed for reorganization
last October under Chapter 11 of the federal bankruptcy code, citing losses
largely from a Canadian sports equipment company. A judge last month approved
the reorganization plan, contingent on the company finding financing.

Huffy has about 110 workers and is headquartered in this Dayton suburb.

“Huffy Corp. has now successfully completed a very difficult period in its long
history,” said John Muskovich, president and CEO. “We have accomplished all of
our major objectives for this process and have secured an exit financing
package, which along with the support from our trade suppliers will provide
assurance to our customers as to the strength of the new Huffy.”

Huffy said its board of directors has been reconstituted. Its new chairman is
Zhidong Liang, executive vice president of China Export & Credit Corp.

“Huffy Corporation is an important partner for the China-based companies which
manufacture its bicycles, and we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial
working relationship,” Liang said.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...IZ01/310140005

bryanska October 14th 05 09:55 PM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

It would be kinda cool if Huffy made a $300 recumbent. I'd buy one to
try.

gds October 14th 05 09:59 PM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

At the XMAS party that my LBS threw each year the highlight activity
was the "Huffy Toss." Modeled on the Highland games the winner was the
person who could "toss" the Huffy the farthest. That ws the best use we
could find for the Huffy and I am happy to see that they will still be
available for the event.

Mike Lackey October 15th 05 01:55 AM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

Ditto! We had one of those at a Christmas Charities fix-up a few years
back... it was the highlight of the day!

Mike Lackey
Madison, AL

oups.com...

Phil Holman October 15th 05 02:15 AM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

"Garrison Hilliard" wrote in message
[...]

Huffy is a perfect candidate for a "do not resuscitate" living will.
They will never improve their branding image without a name change. How
about Huffy-Davidson.

Phil H

[email protected] October 15th 05 03:41 AM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

To the list,

But on the plus side, the homeless guys all know a Huffy is a superior
ride, compared to all the other Kmart/Wally World bikes out there. The
only thing better is an old Schwinn electro-forged. 500,000 bums on
bikes agree...

The Schwinn is rebuildable, all the others are throwaways. But hey,
Huffy was made in USA, and when they put their minds to it they could
make a good bike.

later

jn

"Thursday"

Rich October 15th 05 04:20 AM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

bryanska wrote:
It would be kinda cool if Huffy made a $300 recumbent. I'd buy one to
try.

I'd weigh 100 lbs.

Ron Hardin October 15th 05 06:10 PM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

gds wrote:

At the XMAS party that my LBS threw each year the highlight activity
was the "Huffy Toss." Modeled on the Highland games the winner was the
person who could "toss" the Huffy the farthest. That ws the best use we
could find for the Huffy and I am happy to see that they will still be
available for the event.

My Huffy at the moment has, let's see, 60,000 miles on it.

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin/bike.jpg

--
Ron Hardin

Gooserider October 16th 05 05:34 AM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

wrote in message
oups.com...
To the list,

But on the plus side, the homeless guys all know a Huffy is a superior
ride, compared to all the other Kmart/Wally World bikes out there. The
only thing better is an old Schwinn electro-forged. 500,000 bums on
bikes agree...

The Schwinn is rebuildable, all the others are throwaways. But hey,
Huffy was made in USA, and when they put their minds to it they could
make a good bike.

The DUI guys I see around here are usually on NEXT double boingers. It seems
like they would be better served with one of the NEXT hybrids. Now that
WalMart is selling the GMC Denali road bike, I wonder if that will become
the DUI ride of choice? I didn't see rack eyelets on it, so it would be
difficult for them to mount the milk crate.

Phil, Squid-in-Training October 16th 05 06:16 AM

Huffy leaves bankruptcy

Gooserider wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
To the list,

But on the plus side, the homeless guys all know a Huffy is a
superior ride, compared to all the other Kmart/Wally World bikes out
there. The only thing better is an old Schwinn electro-forged. 500,000
bums on bikes agree...

The Schwinn is rebuildable, all the others are throwaways. But hey,
Huffy was made in USA, and when they put their minds to it they could
make a good bike.

The DUI guys I see around here are usually on NEXT double boingers.
It seems like they would be better served with one of the NEXT
hybrids. Now that WalMart is selling the GMC Denali road bike, I
wonder if that will become the DUI ride of choice? I didn't see rack
eyelets on it, so it would be difficult for them to mount the milk
crate.

The beer-carrying milk crate?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training