CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rabobank Three Stooges (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=92540)

k.papai July 24th 05 03:21 AM

Rabobank Three Stooges

Or the Marx Brothers, you take your pick...

What a bunch of clowns.

- The Mechanic (a zero)
- the Driver (where was he?)
- and the D.S. (D.S. stands for ... you know... where was he radio-ing
Ras about the turns and how hard Ras could cook 'em?)

I feel sorry for Rasmussen to be let down by such total and utter, and
complete incompetents on Rabobank. I hope they lose their Pro Tour
license.

-Ken

[email protected] July 24th 05 03:35 AM

Just a few short years ago, there was a fiasco on CSC when
Jalabert flatted and they hadn't figured out that you can't
change the rear wheel of the TT Cervelo when the wheels
aren't both flat. I think there was a further problem on CSC
in the TTT when they first decided to wait for a rider with a
mechanical, then changed their mind, and lost even more time.
Now Riis is considered one of the best DS.

-ilan

k=2Epapai a =E9crit :
Or the Marx Brothers, you take your pick...

What a bunch of clowns.

- The Mechanic (a zero)
- the Driver (where was he?)
- and the D.S. (D.S. stands for ... you know... where was he radio-ing
Ras about the turns and how hard Ras could cook 'em?)

I feel sorry for Rasmussen to be let down by such total and utter, and
complete incompetents on Rabobank. I hope they lose their Pro Tour
license.
=20
-Ken

Frank Drackman July 24th 05 04:45 AM

"k.papai" wrote in message
oups.com...
Or the Marx Brothers, you take your pick...

What a bunch of clowns.

- The Mechanic (a zero)
- the Driver (where was he?)
- and the D.S. (D.S. stands for ... you know... where was he radio-ing
Ras about the turns and how hard Ras could cook 'em?)

I feel sorry for Rasmussen to be let down by such total and utter, and
complete incompetents on Rabobank. I hope they lose their Pro Tour
license.

-Ken

Great points. I think that I read somewhere that when the TT bikes were
designed one assumption was that they would only use 19mm tires, so any
wider tire will not fit. I think that Rasmussen would have had a better
chance on a 22 or 23 tire.

Stewart Fleming July 24th 05 05:06 AM

wrote:
Just a few short years ago, there was a fiasco on CSC when
Jalabert flatted and they hadn't figured out that you can't
change the rear wheel of the TT Cervelo when the wheels

Standard practice for dealing with this situation is to throw the bike
into a field.

juani July 24th 05 06:45 AM

don't fee sorry for him.
it's something that needed to happen.

it's life.

something better will come out of it.

oups.com...

gwhite July 24th 05 05:44 PM

"k.papai" wrote:

Or the Marx Brothers, you take your pick...

What a bunch of clowns.

- The Mechanic (a zero)
- the Driver (where was he?)
- and the D.S. (D.S. stands for ... you know... where was he radio-ing
Ras about the turns and how hard Ras could cook 'em?)

I feel sorry for Rasmussen to be let down by such total and utter, and
complete incompetents on Rabobank. I hope they lose their Pro Tour
license.

Ultimately it is Rasmussen's own responsibility to know how to ride a TT
bike. He probably did not give it much attention (pre-race) since
TT'ing was not expected to be important for him. It unexpectantly
turned out to be important, so his technical weakness was exposed.

I'm guessing he'll give it more work the next time around and we won't
see that sort of disaster from him again. He needs to take the lesson
and just get better.

In any case, Rasmussen did a fine overall job in this tour. He can be
proud of that.

Donald Munro July 25th 05 11:21 AM

Stewart Fleming wrote:
Standard practice for dealing with this situation is to throw the bike
into a field.

Any on-line betting odds on a TT bike throwing contest between Riis,
Rasmussen and Jalabert.