CycleBanter.com

-   Rides (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   blue ridge parkway shuttle ?? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=155517)

Bill February 5th 07 11:35 PM

blue ridge parkway shuttle ??

Want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway south to north. Any suggestions on how
to get back to the car. I'm willing to consider shuttle service, bus, car
rental ........
Thanks, Bill

Pat Lamb February 6th 07 06:52 PM

blue ridge parkway shuttle ??

Bill wrote:
Want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway south to north. Any suggestions on how
to get back to the car. I'm willing to consider shuttle service, bus, car
rental ........

Don't know about shuttle services. Bus service from Charlottesville or
Waynesboro down to Cherokee? -- good luck!! You might be able to get a
rental car from Charlottesville down to Cherokee or Asheville; be
prepared to be soaked on the one way rental charge, especially going
into Cherokee (Asheville at least has an airport).

(Here's hoping someone local has a better idea!)

Pat

[email protected] February 7th 07 06:09 PM

blue ridge parkway shuttle ??

On Feb 5, 6:35 pm, "Bill" wrote:
Want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway south to north. Any suggestions on how
to get back to the car. I'm willing to consider shuttle service, bus, car
rental ........
Thanks, Bill

You can take a Greyhound bus from Charlottesville VA to Asheville NC,
a 10 -13 hour ride depending on which bus you take. The
Charlottesville bus station is about 20 miles or so (maybe a little
less) from the end of the Parkway (and the beginning of Skyline Drive)
at Afton Mountain.