CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sheldon-Brown-RIP (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=178230)

kanangara[_20_] February 4th 08 09:31 PM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

--
kanangara

Zebee Johnstone February 4th 08 09:47 PM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100
kanangara wrote:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

You said it. Bugger.

Funny, informative, passionate, he was a fine man.

Zebee

Harry 'Snapper' Organ February 4th 08 11:23 PM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
greyhound has just had a triple bypass.

Perhaps Gough Whitlam was right when he said, "I get enough exercise
attending the funerals of all those who do."

I guess I am at the age when you read the obitary column and realise
they are all your comtemporaries.

As you say, "bugger"

Regards
Harold

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius

Bean Long February 4th 08 11:23 PM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

kanangara wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

You said it. Bugger.

Funny, informative, passionate, he was a fine man.

Zebee

He'll be sorely missed. I'm saddened to hear the news.

Jack Russell February 5th 08 12:19 AM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Harry 'Snapper' Organ wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
greyhound has just had a triple bypass.

Perhaps Gough Whitlam was right when he said, "I get enough exercise
attending the funerals of all those who do."

I guess I am at the age when you read the obitary column and realise
they are all your comtemporaries.

As you say, "bugger"

Regards
Harold

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius

I seem to remember that he had developed MS. Not sure of the connection
to a heart attack.

But certainly concur with "bugger", his web pages were amongst the most
useful that I have come across, not to mention his April 1 spoofs.
--
Remove norubbish to reply

Bean Long February 5th 08 12:22 AM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Harry 'Snapper' Organ wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

I had heard that Sheldon had been off the bike for some time due to some
sort of nerve disease. He had been unable to move around easily for some
time I believe.

Elmo[_2_] February 5th 08 12:44 AM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

kanangara wrote:
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

If there was a knighthood for services to cycling Sheldon would
certainly be Sir Sheldon.

Thanks Sheldon for your time spent with us.

Artoi February 5th 08 12:49 AM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

In article ,
Harry 'Snapper' Organ wrote:

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:31:24 +1100, kanangara
wrote in
aus.bicycle:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29379/Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bugger.

So sad.

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
greyhound has just had a triple bypass.

Perhaps Gough Whitlam was right when he said, "I get enough exercise
attending the funerals of all those who do."

I guess I am at the age when you read the obitary column and realise
they are all your comtemporaries.

As you say, "bugger"

Exercise is just one parameter of long life. Gene and luck also have a
major contribution in that equation.

In any case, SheldonB did not have good health as he suffered from MS
for quite a while.

cfsmtb[_596_] February 5th 08 01:27 AM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

A inspirational bloke, always had the time and patience to share his
vast knowledge and expertise. The cycling community has lost a great
personality.

We'll charge a glass or two tonight in his honour.

--
cfsmtb

cfsmtb[_597_] February 5th 08 01:29 AM

Sheldon-Brown-RIP

Bean Long Wrote:

I had heard that Sheldon had been off the bike for some time due to
some
sort of nerve disease. He had been unable to move around easily for
some
time I believe.

Read his health journal:
http://sheldonbrown.com/org/journal/health.html