CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   lunatics or heroes? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=188196)

Zebee Johnstone June 17th 08 01:29 PM

lunatics or heroes?

http://www.kaisercycling.com/

Race Across America on fixies.

3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Me, I put them square in the "lunatic" camp.

Zebee

John Tserkezis June 17th 08 10:59 PM

lunatics or heroes?

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://www.kaisercycling.com/
Race Across America on fixies.
3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Me, I put them square in the "lunatic" camp.

What makes a hero? And does lunacy have any part?

The dictionary definition of hero says "courageous" and "noble". Too stupid
to know something is dangerous, and too stupid to take a bow at the end. If
you live through it of course.
Lunacy certainly plays a part in that. :-)

While lunacy might be a prerequisite, it doesn't automatically lead to heroism.

You can't be a hero without being a lunatic.
But you COULD be a lunatic without ever being a hero.

You need to do something stupid first.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org

BT Humble June 17th 08 11:34 PM

lunatics or heroes?

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.kaisercycling.com/

Race Across America on fixies.

3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Me, I put them square in the "lunatic" camp.

I'd say a little from coulmn "A", and a little from column "B".

BTH

Fractal June 18th 08 03:38 AM

lunatics or heroes?

"BT Humble" wrote in message
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.kaisercycling.com/

Race Across America on fixies.

3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Itud be a level playing field apart from those hills.