CycleBanter.com

-   -   Perry England coaster brake (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256593)

Emanuel Berg[_2_] October 7th 18 05:05 PM

Perry England coaster brake

Today there was a "V" 635 rear rim and I saw
instantly it wasn't the familiar Torpedo or the
unusual Swedish Novo. What it was, was "Perry
England"!

Questions:

1) Is this the Sturmey-Archer you guys are
often talking about, or is it yet another
English rear hub?

2) A couple of spoke nipples where stuck and
would just rotate the entire spoke, both
ways. I oiled them from both sides but as
for then, they wouldn't budge. I didn't try
CRC 5-56 or WD-40 as I had run out of those.
I'll try that in a second. Ideas?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

AMuzi October 7th 18 07:33 PM

On 10/7/2018 11:05 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Today there was a "V" 635 rear rim and I saw
instantly it wasn't the familiar Torpedo or the
unusual Swedish Novo. What it was, was "Perry
England"!

Questions:

1) Is this the Sturmey-Archer you guys are
often talking about, or is it yet another
English rear hub?

2) A couple of spoke nipples where stuck and
would just rotate the entire spoke, both
ways. I oiled them from both sides but as
for then, they wouldn't budge. I didn't try
CRC 5-56 or WD-40 as I had run out of those.
I'll try that in a second. Ideas?

Perry and SA CB hubs interchange parts, same design.

If your wheel has stuck nipples, cut out the corroded spokes
and replace them.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

news18 October 8th 18 03:51 AM

On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 18:05:46 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Today there was a "V" 635 rear rim and I saw instantly it wasn't the
familiar Torpedo or the unusual Swedish Novo. What it was, was "Perry
England"!

Questions:

1) Is this the Sturmey-Archer you guys are
often talking about, or is it yet another English rear hub?

2) A couple of spoke nipples where stuck and
would just rotate the entire spoke, both ways. I oiled them from both
sides but as for then, they wouldn't budge. I didn't try CRC 5-56 or
WD-40 as I had run out of those.
I'll try that in a second. Ideas?

Penetrene and a light touch of the gas torch?

[email protected] October 12th 18 07:27 PM

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 10:51:49 PM UTC-4, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 18:05:46 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Today there was a "V" 635 rear rim and I saw instantly it wasn't the
familiar Torpedo or the unusual Swedish Novo. What it was, was "Perry
England"!

Questions:

1) Is this the Sturmey-Archer you guys are
often talking about, or is it yet another English rear hub?

2) A couple of spoke nipples where stuck and
would just rotate the entire spoke, both ways. I oiled them from both
sides but as for then, they wouldn't budge. I didn't try CRC 5-56 or
WD-40 as I had run out of those.
I'll try that in a second. Ideas?

Penetrene and a light touch of the gas torch?

Life's too short.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO