CycleBanter.com

-   Rides (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BikeRussia: A bicycle ride across Eurasia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=155996)

[email protected] February 12th 07 11:54 AM

BikeRussia: A bicycle ride across Eurasia

I have set up a web site for my next long bicycle trip: a bicycle ride
from Amsterdam to Vladivostok: http://www.bikerussia.com I'll try to
keep that site updated occasionally with progress along the way. All
total I am taking 10 months off for cycle touring though I expect the
Amsterdam to Vladivostok segment to take ~6 months.

I have just started to look at some more detailed route planning
across the EU. Does anyone have suggestions on fairly direct routes
across Northern Germany, Poland and the Baltics to St Petersburg?

--mev, Mike Vermeulen

p.s. My previous rides including a 2006 reconnaissance trip through
Ukraine and part of Russia: http://www.fietstocht.com