CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where might you get cheap cycling clothes in Melbourne? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=111110)

bubelrocks November 30th 04 03:49 AM

Where might you get cheap cycling clothes in Melbourne?

I'm just getting back into cycling after a few years & all I have is
pair of unlined knicks two sizes too small for me (hang the bay windo
over the top!). I'm on a tight budget & would like to get some _cheap
cycling clothes. I'm especially curious as to whether cheap syntheti
shirts made for other sporting & work applications can perform the sam
"wicking" function as the fabulously expensive cycling shirts I see a
bike shops. By the way, how tight do shirts have to be to effectivel
"wick"

I actually live in Daylesford, so Melbourne, Ballarat or Bendigo shop
can all be accessed. Any other financially challenged cyclists ou
there who can share their fashion secrets? Any tips that can save mone
in the clothing area would be appreciated. :

--
bubelrocks

hippy November 30th 04 04:13 AM

Where might you get cheap cycling clothes in Melbourne?

"bubelrocks"
I'm just getting back into cycling after a few years & all I have is a
pair of unlined knicks two sizes too small for me (hang the bay window
over the top!). I'm on a tight budget & would like to get some _cheap_
cycling clothes. I'm especially curious as to whether cheap synthetic
shirts made for other sporting & work applications can perform the same
"wicking" function as the fabulously expensive cycling shirts I see at
bike shops. By the way, how tight do shirts have to be to effectively
"wick"?

I actually live in Daylesford, so Melbourne, Ballarat or Bendigo shops
can all be accessed. Any other financially challenged cyclists out
there who can share their fashion secrets? Any tips that can save money
in the clothing area would be appreciated. :)

Netti always seem cheaper than the funky import brands.
Cannibal second to them. You could always ride in a
t-shirt like moi (stole those three characters from FD).
Use knicks, etc. are an option - try ebay.com.au.

hth
hippy

Johnny O-R November 30th 04 04:46 AM

bubelrocks Wrote:
I'm just getting back into cycling after a few years & all I have is
pair of unlined knicks two sizes too small for me (hang the bay windo
over the top!). I'm on a tight budget & would like to get some _cheap
cycling clothes. I'm especially curious as to whether cheap syntheti
shirts made for other sporting & work applications can perform the sam
"wicking" function as the fabulously expensive cycling shirts I see a
bike shops. By the way, how tight do shirts have to be to effectivel
"wick"

I actually live in Daylesford, so Melbourne, Ballarat or Bendigo shop
can all be accessed. Any other financially challenged cyclists ou
there who can share their fashion secrets? Any tips that can save mone
in the clothing area would be appreciated. :)

Ebay' s useful.
Most online bike shops are cheaper than their 'real' LBS equivalents
fewer overheads

--
Johnny O-

Guess.

a November 30th 04 06:43 AM

bubelrocks wrote in message ...

I'm just getting back into cycling after a few years & all I have is a
pair of unlined knicks two sizes too small for me (hang the bay window
over the top!). I'm on a tight budget & would like to get some _cheap_
cycling clothes. I'm especially curious as to whether cheap synthetic
shirts made for other sporting & work applications can perform the same
"wicking" function as the fabulously expensive cycling shirts I see at
bike shops. By the way, how tight do shirts have to be to effectively
"wick"?

Giramondo's factory outlet in Fawkner is reasonably cheap, cash only - no
credit cards - last time I was there. I'd call first to see when they are
open etc.
http://www.giramondo.com.au/
Giramondo Sportswear
Fctry 5 6 Leo St
Fawkner
VIC, 3060
Ph: (03) 9359 2155

Sasha November 30th 04 12:21 PM

"hippy" wrote in message
[...]

Check out Uno clothing in Elwood- www.unoclothing.com. They have there own
brand of clothing that is very good value for money, and looks quite nice in
Orange and Black. They also keep some euro brand team clothing at what seems
to be much cheaper prices than most bike shops. Otherwise Ebay is OK, but be
very careful as euro manufacturers seems to have some funky ideas on sizing
their clothing,

Sasha