CycleBanter.com

-   -   Campagnolo wheels...on a car? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=185439)

Ryan Cousineau May 12th 08 06:54 AM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31

They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31

I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

M-gineering May 12th 08 07:49 AM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31

They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31

I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

I've got a pair of Campagnolo wheels on a boattrailer, left over from an
'75 Alfasud (great car, unfortunately made from ferrous oxide)

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

Ben C May 12th 08 09:04 AM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

On 2008-05-12, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31

They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31

I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

I thought Lamborghinis used to have Campag wheels. They possibly still
do although perhaps the bean counters at Audi have got them on Shimano
ones now.

Carl Sundquist May 12th 08 12:58 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

On 2008-05-12, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31

They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31

I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

I thought Lamborghinis used to have Campag wheels. They possibly still
do although perhaps the bean counters at Audi have got them on Shimano
ones now.

They also claim to have made aerospace parts. I believe they touch upon it
in their catalog #17

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com May 12th 08 01:24 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

On May 11, 11:54*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31

They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31

I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Campagnolo made many things for other industries, including magnesium
cast things for aircraft and as you see, auto wheels. After the MTB
mess and before they figured out 'click shifting', during the dark
days of the mid to late 80s, Valentino sold all the other stuff to
have the $ to continue in bike stuff only and the rest, they say, is
history. Another rumor is that Mavic wanted to buy Campagnolo during
this time and thankfully, Valentino refused.

[email protected] May 12th 08 01:44 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

On May 12, 12:54*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31

They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31

I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

Moon lander. Large, spider-webby Campy castings.

Couldn't find a photo via google for some reason. (NASA revisionistic
wwweb vacuuming? I understand they took the "moon landings were faked"
thing pretty hard)

I have a Campy hubcap around here somewhere. --D-y

A Muzi May 12th 08 04:16 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31
They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
car. More photos he
http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31
I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

Ferraris too!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

* * Chas May 12th 08 05:03 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

"Colin Campbell" wrote in message
A Muzi wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea
556111843939e196b31
They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute

sports
car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19
6b31
I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

Ferraris too!

And Maserati...

And Panteras too....

Dave Lehnen May 12th 08 09:36 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

snip
My 1978 Ducati Darmah (long since sold) came with Campagnolo magnesium
wheels. Beautiful, but probably a little fragile.

Dave Lehnen

Nate Nagel[_2_] May 12th 08 10:50 PM

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

A Muzi wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo...=57f92b4b0e5ea

556111843939e196b31
They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute

sports

car. More photos he

http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars...56111843939e19

6b31
I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

Ferraris too!

And Maserati...

And Panteras too....

I thought Panteras got Halibrands, or am I confusing those with GT-40s?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel