CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Benefit Ride on the Monarch Crest Trail - September 7 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3939)

Tom Purvis August 20th 03 02:12 PM

Benefit Ride on the Monarch Crest Trail - September 7

The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence
is a benefit for Alliance Against Domestic Abuse happening
September 7, 2003. It's a great event for a great cause.
The entry fee is a set of pledges (hit up your co-workers ;)

The minimum contribution is $50. The ride features a free
shuttle (can cost $20 to buy shuttle service) and there's
a party at the end with food, beer, and prizes.

For more info check he

http://www.arkansasvalley.net/CrestCrank/

This is a really fun way to ride the Crest.
--
Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

Sorni August 20th 03 07:05 PM

Benefit Ride on the Monarch Crest Trail - September 7

"JD" wrote in message
om...
(Tom Purvis) wrote in message

om...
The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence
is a benefit for Alliance Against Domestic Abuse happening
September 7, 2003. It's a great event for a great cause.
The entry fee is a set of pledges (hit up your co-workers ;)

The minimum contribution is $50. The ride features a free
shuttle (can cost $20 to buy shuttle service) and there's
a party at the end with food, beer, and prizes.

For more info check he

http://www.arkansasvalley.net/CrestCrank/

This is a really fun way to ride the Crest.

I find it ironic how "Crank" is used in the title of this event, being
that crank (methamphetamine) is a common contributing factor to
domestic abuse in Colorado. If that's not a pun intended, the
alliance might want to rethink the name of their event.

FWIW, I just heard that the U of CO won this year's "top party school"
honors.

Bill "has nothin' to do with nothin' but threw it in anyway" S.

JD August 21st 03 06:34 PM

(Tom Purvis) wrote in message . com...
(JD) wrote:
(Tom Purvis) wrote:
The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence
is a benefit for Alliance Against Domestic Abuse...

I find it ironic how "Crank" is used in the title of this event, being
that crank (methamphetamine) is a common contributing factor to
domestic abuse in Colorado. If that's not a pun intended, the
alliance might want to rethink the name of their event.

Gosh, you're right JD. If we continue calling it the "Crest Crank",
we'll actually be promoting the use of Meth. I betcha the reason
that there's a problem with Meth in Colorado, even the USA right
now is because these folks have been calling their benefit ride
the "Crest Crank".

SHEESH! That's embarrassing! Trying to do some good, and they
inadvertantly CAUSED people who wouldn't otherwise do drugs to
do METH! Wow, thanks for pointing that out.

How about this, how about if we start calling it "The Crest Crystal"

Nope because Crystal is already near Marble.

JD