CycleBanter.com

-   Rides (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bike Suggestion (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=196456)

[email protected] November 1st 08 01:38 AM

Bike Suggestion

I have a specialized rock hopper that I purchesed in 1996 or so. WOw I
can't believe it's that old. It really has given good service.

Anyway, I'd like to get another bike that has a more upright seating
position and a bigger wider seat as my seat has gotten bigger and wider.
I haven't ridden steady in a while and it's shown up in weight gain. But
I miss the good feeling I had when I rode 4 plus times a week..

I don't want to spend as much as I did on the hopper. But I'd like to
get a good, solid (rep), light bike for neighborhood riding etc.. I'd
like to have bigger tires as they seem to smooth out the ride. And I
don't need any more than 3 gears or I can even get away with one...
TIA

Any suggestions?