CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   disc brake adaptors/relacement stanctions (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=4347)

Pottsy September 21st 03 03:52 PM

disc brake adaptors/relacement stanctions

Hi,

I know of the A2Z and Forge tye frame converters for those of us to fit disc
calipers to frames without disc mounts, but what about forks? I have a pair
of Rock Shox sids that i got in '99 that have no mounts and as they're about
the lightest susp. forks going (and therefore would cost a pretty penny to
replace) I wondered if anyone has found a way of fitting a caliper to
non-disc brake forks?

Alternatiely, do Rock Shox (or theor stockists) sell just stanctions so I
can replace just the necessary bit on my forks?

Cheers, Dave.

GregR September 21st 03 06:45 PM

disc brake adaptors/relacement stanctions

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:52:30 +0100, "Pottsy"
wrote:

Alternatiely, do Rock Shox (or theor stockists) sell just stanctions so I
can replace just the necessary bit on my forks?

Cheers, Dave.

You will need new lowers, the 00' and 01' lowers would work, or even
Judy lowers (which would stiffen the fork up a litte).

But seeing its a 99' and Sids are noteable for being like wet noodles
its not worth it.

Maybe if you found a blown Judy or Sid and stole the lowers from it.