CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   mmmmm taco (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=21587)

daino149 July 10th 03 07:17 AM

mmmmm taco

You missed one part John:

$15 to $40 for a rim
$15 to $20 for the spokes and nipples
$20 to $30 for labor
Tacoing your first rim: Priceless

--
daino149 - In need of improvement

I want a fainting Goat!

ajp529 July 10th 03 08:51 PM

mmmmm taco

Ok I decided I am going to try and rebuild my wheel by using my cheapo
hub and a rim and spokes and stuff from my 20" BMX bike. Hmm this rim is
cheap! The tacoed one that is...

Alex

--
ajp529
ajp529's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3936

john_childs July 10th 03 08:57 PM

mmmmm taco

ajp529 wrote:
*Ok I decided I am going to try and rebuild my wheel by using my
cheapo hub and a rim and spokes and stuff from my 20" BMX bike. Hmm
this rim is cheap! The tacoed one that is...

Alex *

You'll have to be careful with spoke length. You're probably not going
to be able to use the spokes from the 20" BMX wheel unless you get
really lucky and the flange on the BMX wheel is the same height as the
flange on the unicycle hub.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

ajp529 July 10th 03 09:10 PM

mmmmm taco

ya thats what I figured. I just hope I get really lucky or I am going to
have to see how much new spokes would cost from the bike shop.

Alex

Liam July 10th 03 10:08 PM

mmmmm taco

In article ,
(ajp529) wrote:

I was riding around riverfront park after lifeguard classes yesterday. I
had just mastered hopping up stairs when I thought I would try hopping
down them. So I go over to about two steps and start hopping down them,
well when I mastered that I figured I could do three. I hopped down
three stairs about four or five times when all of a sudden when I land I
feel this really squishy feeling like the wheel is squishing out of the
rim. I didnt really notice that my wheel was tacoed until I started
riding away and couldnt. My unicycle is a sun 24" I was wondering if it
would be worth it to get a new rim and rebuild it or just trash it and
save up for something better? I only payed $60 for it so its not that
much of a loss.

Alex

--
ajp529

Fill it with salsa and refried beans, then top with cheese.

Liam

CIAO.CO.UK
*Get paid to review nearly anything!
*Get paid £1 - £5 to take part in each survey (2 - 3 surveys per month).
*Win cash prizes for your reviews.

Sign up below:
http://www.uk.ciao.com/reg.php?FriendId=5327057

evilewan July 11th 03 12:30 AM

mmmmm taco

if your just going to do more drops then you should think about getting
a non-cheapo unicycle.

if you re-build your wheel on the cheap you can always practice non
destructve skills untill you mannge to afford a heavy duty unicycle.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.