CycleBanter.com

-   -   Speedometer on bike... (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=100096)

footybet.net June 13th 05 10:55 AM

Speedometer on bike...

I bought a speedometer for £7.99 and it does the trick

yesterday I cycled one of the routes that I mentioned in a previouos
post
it was Dunsop Bridge to Dunsop Valley

Time Taken = 35m:36s
Max Speed = 20.2 MPH
Average Speed = 9.7 MPH
Trip Distance = 5.0 Miles

then I cycled from Dunsop Bridge to Clitheroe Train station
and got the following

Time Taken = 1h:28m:12s
Max Speed = 33.2 MPH
Average Speed = 9.1 MPH
Trip Distance = 10.5 Miles

my speedometer has gone a bit wonky now as it is recording maximum
speeds of 50plus MPH when I have just started free wheeling on the
flat...I will have to ring the manufacturers...

footybet.net June 13th 05 01:43 PM

Speedometer on bike...

I rang the manufacturers and they said to take it back to the shop I
bought it from (Netto, Blackburn)
I did this, and the manger replaced the computer module straight away
on proof of my receipt...

I will definitely be shopping at Netto in the future because of the
courteous manner with which I was dealt...