CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Urge to yell at a cyclist (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=220963)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle September 21st 10 04:26 PM

Urge to yell at a cyclist

On Sep 15, 7:05*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in ...

On 9/15/2010 7:50 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman *wrote in message
Today while driving my work truck, I passed a cyclist [1] that was
riding
less than ½ foot from the white line on a two-lane road. *I felt like
stopping and yelling "take the lane" at her.

[1] *With more than 12 feet of lateral clearance.

She was right where she should have been. If you take the lane it is just
matter of time until you are hit by a motor vehicle.

Ed Dolan, as anyone who has practiced vehicular cycling methods will know,
is wrong. *Furthermore, Mr. Dolan is promoting cyclist inferiority -
motorist superiority.

All Mr. Dolan is doing is attempting to prevent you from being killed on the
road by a motorist. Those who advocate taking the lane are worse than
criminals. It is one sure way of getting hit by a motor vehicle sooner or
later.

Or an angry confrontation with a driver who feels entitled to the
road, where you got the most to lose.