CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cycle terrorist taken down by members of the public (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255736)

MrCheerful April 16th 18 07:06 PM

Cycle terrorist taken down by members of the public

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...taway-14538889

jnugent April 16th 18 08:07 PM

On 16/04/2018 19:06, MrCheerful wrote:

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...taway-14538889

At first glance, I read that as "6 years for having a wife in a public
place".

Nice work by the bystanders.

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] April 16th 18 09:18 PM

Cycle terrorist taken down by members of the public

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 19:07:34 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 16/04/2018 19:06, MrCheerful wrote:

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ge-knife-smash
ed-getaway-14538889

At first glance, I read that as "6 years for having a wife in a public
place".

Nice work by the bystanders.

How many years would be applicable for carrying a chisel?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

MrCheerful April 16th 18 09:45 PM

wrote:

On 16/04/2018 19:06, MrCheerful wrote:

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ge-knife-smash
ed-getaway-14538889

At first glance, I read that as "6 years for having a wife in a public
place".

Nice work by the bystanders.

How many years would be applicable for carrying a chisel?

There can be no valid reason for having a 10 inch bladed survival knife
while riding a bike and getting into rows in the street.

Having a chisel in a public place could have many valid reasons to
explain its presence.

The possible sentencing would depend on many factors.

[email protected] April 16th 18 10:23 PM

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9:45:16 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

There can be no valid reason for having a 10 inch bladed survival knife
while riding a bike and getting into rows in the street.

Having a chisel in a public place could have many valid reasons to
explain its presence.

The possible sentencing would depend on many factors.

How about £86000 for drink driving?
Ouch!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-charge.html

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] April 17th 18 11:41 AM

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 21:23:41 GMT, wrote:

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9:45:16 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

There can be no valid reason for having a 10 inch bladed survival
knife

while riding a bike and getting into rows in the street.

Having a chisel in a public place could have many valid reasons to
explain its presence.

The possible sentencing would depend on many factors.

How about £86000 for drink driving?
Ouch!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tlin-arrives-c
ourt-face-drink-driving-charge.html

You say Ouch, it's probably just pocket money to him.
Please try not to use the dailywail as a reference.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Peter Keller[_3_] April 17th 18 12:23 PM

wrote:

On 16/04/2018 19:06, MrCheerful wrote:

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ge-knife-smash
ed-getaway-14538889

At first glance, I read that as "6 years for having a wife in a public
place".

Nice work by the bystanders.

How many years would be applicable for carrying a chisel?

I notice Pounder has not appeared here for a few days.
Perhaps it has been put away.

Mr Pounder Esquire April 17th 18 01:46 PM

wrote:

On 16/04/2018 19:06, MrCheerful wrote:

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ge-knife-smash
ed-getaway-14538889

At first glance, I read that as "6 years for having a wife in a
public place".

Nice work by the bystanders.

How many years would be applicable for carrying a chisel?

I notice Pounder has not appeared here for a few days.
Perhaps it has been put away.

I have a life.
Perhaps you should try getting one.

Simon Jester April 17th 18 05:07 PM

wrote:

On 16/04/2018 19:06, MrCheerful wrote:

6 years for having a knife in a public place

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ge-knife-smash
ed-getaway-14538889

At first glance, I read that as "6 years for having a wife in a public
place".

Nice work by the bystanders.

How many years would be applicable for carrying a chisel?

There can be no valid reason for having a 10 inch bladed survival knife
while riding a bike and getting into rows in the street.

Having a chisel in a public place could have many valid reasons to
explain its presence.

The possible sentencing would depend on many factors.

But Pounder admits to carrying the chisel for the purpose of confronting and injuring cyclists.
It is therefore possession of an offensive weapon with intent to cause bodily harm.