CycleBanter.com

-   -   Landis fails drug test (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=140290)

bicycle_disciple July 27th 06 05:24 PM

Landis fails drug test

Aaah, finally something interesting. Landis fails a drug test after
stage 17 for abnormally high Testosterone levels. Its all over the news
today.

:)

bicycle_disciple July 27th 06 09:14 PM

Landis fails drug test

- Bob - wrote:
On 27 Jul 2006 09:24:31 -0700, "bicycle_disciple"
wrote:

Aaah, finally something interesting. Landis fails a drug test after
stage 17 for abnormally high Testosterone levels. Its all over the news
today.

:)

I have that problem too but it's because I'm incredibly macho!

Could be, but I strongly advise you to check your gnads for tumor. :)

M. Bakunin July 27th 06 09:19 PM

Landis fails drug test

God to the rescue!

"I'm not concerned. I think God is allowing us to go through this so
that Floyd's glory is even greater," Arlene Landis said.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breaking...978081,00.html

bicycle_disciple July 27th 06 09:26 PM

Landis fails drug test

M. Bakunin wrote:
God to the rescue!

"I'm not concerned. I think God is allowing us to go through this so
that Floyd's glory is even greater," Arlene Landis said.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breaking...978081,00.html

How can his glory be greater if he's stripped of his title and money?

[email protected] July 27th 06 09:43 PM

Landis fails drug test

bicycle_disciple wrote:
Aaah, finally something interesting. Landis fails a drug test after
stage 17 for abnormally high Testosterone levels. Its all over the news
today.

I don't think it's precisely accurate to say that he has failed a drug
test. His urine sample for testosterone came back outside acceptable
levels. The result requires his suspension, but further medical
investigation is required before he is declared positive:

"The presence of a testosterone (T) to epitestosterone (E) ratio
greater than six (6) to one (1) in the urine of a competitor
constitutes an offence unless there is evidence that this ratio is due
to a physiological or pathological condition, e.g. low epitestosterone
excretion, androgen producing tumour, enzyme deficiencies.

"In the case of T/E greater than 6, it is mandatory that the relevant
medical authority conducts an investigation before the sample is
declared positive. A full report will be written and will include a
review of previous tests, subsequent tests and any results of endocrine
investigations. In the event that previous tests are not available, the
competitor should be tested unannounced at least once per month for
three months. The results of these investigations should be included in
the report. Failure to co-operate in the investigations will result in
declaring the sample positive"

- http://www.bcf.org.uk/national/2001/fideantidoping2.htm

Cam July 27th 06 09:51 PM

Landis fails drug test

wrote:
bicycle_disciple wrote:
Aaah, finally something interesting. Landis fails a drug test after
stage 17 for abnormally high Testosterone levels. Its all over the news
today.

I don't think it's precisely accurate to say that he has failed a drug
test. His urine sample for testosterone came back outside acceptable
levels. The result requires his suspension, but further medical
investigation is required before he is declared positive:

"The presence of a testosterone (T) to epitestosterone (E) ratio
greater than six (6) to one (1) in the urine of a competitor
constitutes an offence unless there is evidence that this ratio is due
to a physiological or pathological condition, e.g. low epitestosterone
excretion, androgen producing tumour, enzyme deficiencies.

Who in their right mind would try to compete at that level without
boosting their T/E ratio to 3.9? They should post everyone's results.

Cam

pinnah July 27th 06 09:54 PM

Landis fails drug test

"bicycle_disciple" wrote:
How can his glory be greater if he's stripped of his title and money?

If you had even a basic understanding of the Menonite church, you
would understand her comments. She is referring to the glory as
understood from the perspective of the Kingdom of God, not in terms of
human fame. Typically, this refers to rewards in Heaven but it may
also refer to a state of spiritual grace here on Earth.

-- Dave
"It is impossible, or not easy, to do noble acts
without the proper equipment."
Aristotle, Politics, 1323a-b, trans Jowett

bicycle_disciple July 27th 06 10:14 PM

Landis fails drug test

pinnah wrote:
"bicycle_disciple" wrote:
How can his glory be greater if he's stripped of his title and money?

If you had even a basic understanding of the Menonite church, you
would understand her comments. She is referring to the glory as
understood from the perspective of the Kingdom of God, not in terms of
human fame. Typically, this refers to rewards in Heaven but it may
also refer to a state of spiritual grace here on Earth.

The church wont save him, if the final results are positive. Anyway, no
more of church issues in here.

bicycle_disciple July 27th 06 10:17 PM

Landis fails drug test

wrote:
bicycle_disciple wrote:
Aaah, finally something interesting. Landis fails a drug test after
stage 17 for abnormally high Testosterone levels. Its all over the news
today.

I don't think it's precisely accurate to say that he has failed a drug
test. His urine sample for testosterone came back outside acceptable
levels. The result requires his suspension, but further medical
investigation is required before he is declared positive:

Well, he atleast failed the first set of tests by proving positive,
didn't he? Thats what I meant. More like this :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/5222142.stm

41 July 27th 06 10:44 PM

Dope me Floyd

There once was a rider named Landis
Who upon blowing a stage said "I can't stand this!"
To get back on a roll
He swallowed one testicle whole
And said "Ah, it feels good to ride the way Lance does!"