CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   less cars : roll on $2 per litre (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=142311)

AndrewJ August 15th 06 03:52 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

Theo Bekkers August 15th 06 03:57 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

AndrewJ wrote:
Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

And bananas at $20 per kilo.

Theo

Claude August 15th 06 04:06 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

"AndrewJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

My wife commutes along Heidelberg Rd (Melbourne) and swears there are fewer
cars around to ruin her daily cycle since the price of petrol sky-rocketed

Graeme Dods August 15th 06 04:20 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

AndrewJ wrote:
Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

And why the hell do they decide to massively subsidise conversion to
LPG[1]? By negating one of the most effective limiting factors to car
use they're just delaying the inevitable.

Graeme

[1] Other than pandering to the masses and buying votes of course.

Donga August 15th 06 04:44 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

AndrewJ wrote:
Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

Thanks ya *******. I have three kids who are involved in a lot of
activities. It simply can't be done without driving. This petrol hike
is killing me financially and the only thing I could do about it is
pull them out of their sports, debating, choir, theatre sports, etc.
Wishing for that to happen is mean and nasty. The ideal world is one
where we have unlimited access to whatever we want, but choose to use
only what we need.

Donga

Bleve August 15th 06 04:45 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

Graeme Dods wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:
Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

And why the hell do they decide to massively subsidise conversion to
LPG[1]? By negating one of the most effective limiting factors to car
use they're just delaying the inevitable.

Graeme

[1] Other than pandering to the masses and buying votes of course.

Because Howard is pandering to the masses and buying votes, of course.
Rather than lead (perish the thought ... this federal government?!),
they're just sweeping the problem under the carpet for another 4 years.

Ride yer bike ...

Theo Bekkers August 15th 06 04:48 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

Graeme Dods wrote:

And why the hell do they decide to massively subsidise conversion to
LPG[1]? By negating one of the most effective limiting factors to car
use they're just delaying the inevitable.

Did you hear Howard mention that there are currently damn-all taxes on LPG
(other than GST) and that these taxes will be ramped up until in 2012 they
will be the same as those on Petrol? No? Maybe he forgot he passed
those changes last year?

Theo

Stuart Lamble August 15th 06 04:57 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

On 2006-08-15, Theo Bekkers wrote:
Graeme Dods wrote:

And why the hell do they decide to massively subsidise conversion to
LPG[1]? By negating one of the most effective limiting factors to car
use they're just delaying the inevitable.

Did you hear Howard mention that there are currently damn-all taxes on LPG
(other than GST) and that these taxes will be ramped up until in 2012 they
will be the same as those on Petrol? No? Maybe he forgot he passed
those changes last year?

Cite? This would be a classic example of spin in action ...

Bleve August 15th 06 04:59 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

Donga wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:
Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

Thanks ya *******. I have three kids who are involved in a lot of
activities. It simply can't be done without driving. This petrol hike
is killing me financially and the only thing I could do about it is
pull them out of their sports, debating, choir, theatre sports, etc.
Wishing for that to happen is mean and nasty. The ideal world is one
where we have unlimited access to whatever we want, but choose to use
only what we need.

When it hits $10 a litre, what will you do?

Seriously, this problem is not going to go away. The world *will*
change.

Friday August 15th 06 05:12 AM

less cars : roll on $2 per litre

Donga wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:

Is it just my imagination, or are there actually less cars out there?
Seems to me that it is starting to reduce slightly.

Roll on $2 per litre.

Thanks ya *******. I have three kids who are involved in a lot of
activities. It simply can't be done without driving. This petrol hike
is killing me financially and the only thing I could do about it is
pull them out of their sports, debating, choir, theatre sports, etc.
Wishing for that to happen is mean and nasty. The ideal world is one
where we have unlimited access to whatever we want, but choose to use
only what we need.

Donga

When I was a kid if I wanted to go somewhere I had to walk or ride my
bike. Choir, debating and theatre didn't exist back then, never did me
any harm.

Friday