CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Phatty... (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=241947)

atriage[_4_] August 21st 13 04:25 AM

Phatty...

....has his back to the wall...bring in the firing squad and get it done
humanely.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...w-support.html

Davey Crockett[_5_] August 21st 13 08:17 AM

Phatty...

atriage a écrit profondement:

| ...has his back to the wall...bring in the firing squad and get it
| done humanely.

Ah, how easy it is to Kick a Dying Dog.

But this article sort of surprises me.

A few years ago I remarked here that I had written an article on the
subject of Phatty leading off with his acceptance of a post with
the IOC despite all parties having known of his disability to fill
any position at the IOC virtue of a lifetime ban.

It was well written in my best English, not abusive or defamatory
and although I requested a byline, I sought no remuneration. All
in all it was a good article with all points verifiable and no
chance of any lawsuits.

I submitted it to all the leading English Language newspapers and
two scandal sheets.

None was interested save one scandal sheet who very nicely sent me
$200 and appointed me what they refer to as a "stringer" as I
lived in Antibes in those days, commenting that the article was
great but "Not Up Their Alley".

--
Davey Crockett
Fly your Flag

atriage[_4_] August 21st 13 09:12 AM

Phatty...

On 21/08/2013 08:17, Davey Crockett wrote:

It was well written in my best English, not abusive

An act of almost superhuman self control I'd have thought.