CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Updated please take a look (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=47101)

Gumbo September 8th 03 03:23 PM

Updated please take a look

Looks pretty nice as a work in progress, just be careful about the
copyrights on the pictures. Make sure that you get permission to use
any you might borrow from elsewhere, and didn't take yourself.

--
Gumbo
Gumbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3258

evilewan September 8th 03 07:16 PM

Updated please take a look

better than my site,

but remember, you don`t have to have scrolling text or anything else
fancy just because you can.

and as far as the copyright thing goes, don`t copy any of john foss's
pictures, he`ll have you crucified.

realisticly nobody will sue you unless you make huge ammount o monney
from your website.
if they do then just take the pictures down before it gets to court.

keep up the good work.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

johnfoss September 8th 03 09:29 PM

Updated please take a look

It looks nice. My first reaction was "Ewww, popups!" Try to find a host
that doesn't use popups.
evilewan wrote:
*and as far as the copyright thing goes, don`t copy any of john foss's
pictures, he`ll have you crucified.*

Not quite, but yes, you should ask before using other peoples' images
without permission or giving credit. I notice you didn't even list me on
your links page! One of the images you lifted from my site isn't mine
either, so technically I can't give permission for others to use it.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

phil September 8th 03 09:33 PM

Updated please take a look

johnfoss wrote:
*It looks nice. My first reaction was "Ewww, popups!" Try to find a
host that doesn't use popups.*

I can't say I noticed. Try to find a browser that doesn't show popups'.'
(http://www.mozilla.org) ;)

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

johnfoss September 8th 03 09:49 PM

Updated please take a look

phil wrote:
*Try to find a browser that doesn't show popups'.'
(http://www.mozilla.org) ;) *

Alas, I am a web developer. I use all sorts of browsers, but most of the
time I view the world through the current version of IE, with all its
default settings, because that's the most common one. Today's
Mozilla/Netscape browser has succumbed and now displays most things
identically to IE, but has become a mere bit player in what were once
called the Browser Wars.

Mac users should check out Safari!

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

joe September 9th 03 03:52 PM

Updated please take a look

As far as op ups go, could you not just use unicyclist.com?

Why are people using these servers with loads of pop ups? Lycos is
really bad!!

I use geocities (I started my site before I knew about the
unicyclist.com Webhosting), and with them, you only just one small one
in the corner.

Anyways, looking good! :)

Joe,

--
joe - Hockey Head

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

treepotato September 9th 03 07:02 PM

Updated please take a look

thanks for all the positive feedback on the site and the tips and help

please visit again soon

:)

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

john_childs September 9th 03 09:26 PM

Updated please take a look

phil wrote:
*
I can't say I noticed. Try to find a browser that doesn't show
popups'.' (http://www.mozilla.org) ;)

Phil *

The 'Google Toolbar' (http://toolbar.google.com/) does a nice job of
killing pop ups in IE. The popup blocker is a new feature in the new
Google Toolbar.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com