CycleBanter.com

-   -   Reliable Transport (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255266)

Simon Jester December 28th 17 04:48 AM

Reliable Transport

I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles.
Why is that?
I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles were not.

Mr Pounder Esquire December 28th 17 06:46 PM

Reliable Transport

Simon Jester wrote:
I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the
Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles. Why is that?

I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles were
not.

Just for once you thought correctly.

MrCheerful December 28th 17 07:02 PM

Reliable Transport

On 28/12/2017 17:46, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the
Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles. Why is that?

I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles were
not.

Just for once you thought correctly.

I see quite a few bicycles that must be broken down, they are on the
back or the roof of cars, some of them seem to be missing a wheel.

Simon Jester December 28th 17 07:26 PM

Reliable Transport

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 5:46:25 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the
Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles. Why is that?

I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles were
not.

Just for once you thought correctly.

Har! Har! Har! and indeed Har!

Mr Pounder Esquire December 28th 17 07:56 PM

Reliable Transport

Simon Jester wrote:
I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the
Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles. Why is that?

I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles were
not.

Just for once you thought correctly.

I see quite a few bicycles that must be broken down, they are on the
back or the roof of cars, some of them seem to be missing a wheel.

I made a complaint to the local cycling club about the members breaking the
law.
The leader of the cycling club said that illegally cycling down a ginnel
where cycling was clearly prohibited and illegally cycling on the footpath
was safer than cycling on what is a quiet road.
I very politely question his judgment and am still waiting for his reply. I
don't really expect a reply as I have politely shown him to be a stupid
****.
Unfortunately I know a few cyclists. Not one of them has an IQ bigger than
my shoe size.

Simon Jester December 28th 17 08:43 PM

Reliable Transport

Simon Jester wrote:
I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the
Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles. Why is that?

I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles were
not.

Just for once you thought correctly.

I see quite a few bicycles that must be broken down, they are on the
back or the roof of cars, some of them seem to be missing a wheel.

I made a complaint to the local cycling club about the members breaking the
law.

I assume you have never driven even 0.001 mph above the speed limit.

Mr Pounder Esquire December 28th 17 09:34 PM

Reliable Transport

Simon Jester wrote:
I saw plenty of cars broken down by the side of the road over the
Violence Promoting Holiday, but no bicycles. Why is that?

I thought cars were a viable form of transport and pedal cycles
were not.

Just for once you thought correctly.

I see quite a few bicycles that must be broken down, they are on the
back or the roof of cars, some of them seem to be missing a wheel.

I made a complaint to the local cycling club about the members
breaking the law.

I assume you have never driven even 0.001 mph above the speed limit.

Silly cyclist.

Cheap snip, but you are a silly cyclist.

Here you are, I'll put my post back:
I made a complaint to the local cycling club about the members breaking the
law.
The leader of the cycling club said that illegally cycling down a ginnel
where cycling was clearly prohibited and illegally cycling on the footpath
was safer than cycling on what is a quiet road.
I very politely question his judgment and am still waiting for his reply. I
don't really expect a reply as I have politely shown him to be a stupid
****.
Unfortunately I know a few cyclists. Not one of them has an IQ bigger than
my shoe size.

I have never used a road vehicle on the footpath or down a ginnel.
A bicycle is classed as a road vehicle. I bet that you did not know that.

Simon Jester December 28th 17 10:24 PM

Reliable Transport

Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Just answer the question.
Have you ever broken the speed limit?

Mr Pounder Esquire December 28th 17 10:48 PM

Reliable Transport

Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

I will answer your question if you answer the question I have several times
asked you.
Are you gay?
No disrespects if you are.
Your call.